• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hinds in hot water

sideshowtim

Banned
Hmm, must've been pretty offensive to get a banning for the rest of the year. Anyone know exactly what he said?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
What a stupid bloke. Everybody knows that if you abuse umpires you'll get punished. So what does he do? He abuses them enough to get a year's ban.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Some team my team played last Saturday is trying to get me a match ban for dissent, despite the fact he was blatantly in favour of the other side and i wasn't even that dissenting in the first place.

And what's funny about the title?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Shocked when I heard it first. From what I know of him the ump must have been pretty bad.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hinds seems to be a bit of a short tempered guy... Remember how he went off on Graeme Smith when he thought he had racially abused him.....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't matter how bad the umpiring decision is though, your hardly going to change his mind by abusing him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hinds seems to be a bit of a short tempered guy... Remember how he went off on Graeme Smith when he thought he had racially abused him.....
Or rather, when he thought he'd abused Dwayne Bravo, and everyone else heard what it was he'd actually said "slack" rather than "black".

IE, Hinds was jumping in and retaliating without realising that there was nothing to retaliate against.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Or rather, when he thought he'd abused Dwayne Bravo, and everyone else heard what it was he'd actually said "slack" rather than "black".

IE, Hinds was jumping in and retaliating without realising that there was nothing to retaliate against.
shows even better what a hot-headed guy he is, I reckon.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
He heard wrong and thought his teammate was being abused so that makes him hot-headed?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah it does, TBH. He shouldn't go assuming people are racist and go throwing his weight around about it on such flimsy evidence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
An eternal hex on you, Robert Matthew Cribb. :dry:

The irony of that post really is amazing, though! :laugh: Wish I'd realised.

EDIT: I seriously, seriously cannot believe I said that! :wacko:

Last edited: