Thread: How would had Brett Lee fared had he played for England in the Ashes series?

Banned

How would had Brett Lee fared had he played for England in the Ashes series?

Considering some ppl have been all praise for Brett Lee for his recent performance (against relatively weak teams), i was just wondering as to how would had Lee performed had he been playing for England and bowling against the Great Aussie team ?( with no Glen,Jason and Warne supporting him from other end).

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Probably broken down in his 2nd or 3rd over and been ruled out for the rest of the Series! :duh:
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Debutant
    I think he would get cained!! in the Tests because he has even been strugeling in tests against some of the weeker teams.

On the other hand he is Australia equal leading ODI wicket taker this year 43 wickets at 18 and has bowled much better in ODIs so I would expect him still to do very well in the ODI games.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I wonder how many hundreds Vaughan would have got if he'd have been playing against England? :O
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Why do we really care what would happen if Lee played for England? He doesn't and that's that.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Rik
    There has been one minor problem this series for the Aussies and that's that the 3rd Seamer hasn't really done much. Lee doesn't have a great record against England and it's getting worse, also that his average is 28 and rising, do you think the Aussies would consistantly pick a seamer with an average over 30 just because he bowls quickly?
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

International Debutant
    Originally posted by Rik
    There has been one minor problem this series for the Aussies and that's that the 3rd Seamer hasn't really done much. Lee doesn't have a great record against England and it's getting worse, also that his average is 28 and rising, do you think the Aussies would consistantly pick a seamer with an average over 30 just because he bowls quickly?
    Actualy the answer to that is yes thats they way the selectors have been with Brett Lee picking him because of his pace and nothing more.

I want Lee out off the test side for a few months untill he learns a bit more about Fast bowling in test cricket. It astonishes me that he cant reallise that the line and lengh he bowls in ODI cricket thats is very succsesfull for him will work in tests as well.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I dont' know.....

I don't think Steve Waugh would play 150 km/h balls up in his ribcage too well, so he'd have his wicket!!

I'd think, however, that McGrath could rip through the Aussie line-up (if someone could take his catches!!). All the players in the top 7 dont' like to get tied down with line-and-length. I think they'd get bored and get themselves out.

Banned
    shane bond did the work in odis verus aus so brett should

International Debutant
    Yeah Lee would do well in the ODI games no matter who he was bowling to but he is not up to test level just at the moment.

Thing is Lee is really only a few barin cells away from being a bloody awsome bowler hes just to dumb to bowl good line & length. With his outswinger and ability to reverse the old ball good line and length is all he needs.

Pinball Champion!
    lol, odd thread but.....

If Lee had played for England, he would have had doubts about coming out because of his fitness. Is he that badly injured, or is he just overweight? Big debate in the english media.

he comes out in the fourth test against the rampant Australians, pitches consistently short of a length and gets beaten by Hayden and later Gilchrist who murder anything short. He then breaks down while bowling in the second innings. Turns out he has the same problem as he did before he came out.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    lee would be the leading wicket takker if he was playing for england vs Australia, i mean anyone can tell hes better than craig white :P

he is still improving and will get better and better the more test cricket he plays, he should go well at the SCG, he usually does (esp in pura cup)
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Thread Information