• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will England produce a (decent) leg spinner in our lifetime?

Will England ever a HALF-DECENT Legspinner

• Yes!

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No!

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
I was thinking about the worlds best teams, and noticing most of them had or still do have a legspinner, I was wondering if England would ever get one?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Actually we've had leg spinners in the past but they have been crap (like Mr Sailsbury) so the thread should be called "Will England ever get a HALF DECENT legspinner in our lifetime"?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Rashid will play for England and I believe will be a star of the future.
Nah. Rashid is nothing any more special than any other of England's recent spinners. He's just the latest subject of that great British institution, media hype.

Plus he's French.:sick:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Nah. Rashid is nothing any more special than any other of England's recent spinners. He's just the latest subject of that great British institution, media hype.
Must admit I've never seen him bowl so I should probably shut my mouth, but what I'm reading/seeing on scorecards thus far makes me inclined to agree with you (ie the Lions game). However he got some quality players out in that Roses game not too long ago so there may well be something there to work with, however my fear and what I believe is most likely to happen if he is any good is that they handle him poorly (ie the media hype gets too much and they pick him before he's 21, he gets shown up terribly and the selectors and he himself loose confidence in his bowling and he's all washed up by 25).
England are going to Sri Lanka this winter right?....and they will need a second spinner to support Monty, I get this sinking feeling Rashid's name is already pencilled in.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Adil Rashid looks to be englands next Star spinner, but i don't really know what to think of him. He does have a very good temperment and does have good control but i don't think he's as good as people put him down to be. Probably just another Chris Schofield type player, fast-tracked into the team but doesn't perform with the ball as hoped then dropped after 1/2/3 test matches and resigned to county cricket for the rest of his career.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Adil Rashid looks to be englands next Star spinner, but i don't really know what to think of him. He does have a very good temperment and does have good control but i don't think he's as good as people put him down to be.
He was whacked by the Indians pretty badly in the tour game I think. He has at least a couple of years before he can look at national selection, if at all. A long way to go right now really.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Adil Rashid is the only one on the horizon, it's only a matter of time before he plays for England really.