• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the last week of July

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:
We will triple up next week

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (Milestones & Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey & Inzamam & Saj & Sobers)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting & Bradman)
HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
Fiery (Skull)

A lot of changes to the team, this is the last awards that I will be posting, Richard has very kindly agreed to take over. I will continue to pick the Warne award:happy:

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Anil for this click here summed it up very well

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Pratyush for this click here , a Murali thread that actually had some good debate :ph34r:

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Richard for this click here , I don’t get it!:unsure:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Mr Gelman not sure if he's won this Award before... but has been around like no other this week

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: PhoenixFire, Prince EWS click here & http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=1279430&postcount=2803and] click here [/url] & http://forum.cricketweb.net/showpost.php?p=1279641&postcount=2895] click here [/url] take your pick

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Roseboy64 click here Ha ha

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: silentstriker the unthinkable may have happened, but I must give this to silentstriker... though it must be said he has let himself down on one set, has been top-quality this week. Maybe it was India doing so poorly at Lord's?

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: Days of Grace a great week of posting, and as also started many interesting new threads:cool:

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
Engle good start but he should step it up another notch:-O

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: No award this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: Flem 274* for this click here , at least it wasn't directed at me! (Richard)

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: No award this week

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: dass for this click here , On topic... just about, but this made little sense to me. Certainly verging on the bizarre:blink:

The Martin Bicknell Award (a poster making a comeback after a massive gap). And the Winner is: Matt79 I hope he stays

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Link?

Worst Skull tho, seriously. Fiery's been at the Domestos IMHO.
You must be pleased he is leaving then? :)

Incidentally, for those who don't get my Skull... it was funny because I was paraphrasing something Murphy said to Mitchell once, and using it on Gelman when it was appropriate (because of the U2-Fusion gag).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A lot of changes to the team, this is the last awards that I will be posting, Richard has very kindly agreed to take over. I will continue to pick the Warne award:happy:
BTW, I hope (:unsure: as nothing's yet been said) that everyone would like to say a big

THANK YOU!!!

to Sean for his Award-posting since the inception of the things. If he can ever return to posting them I'd like that, TBH, as I enjoy the suspense of finding the things out when the thread's posted, and it won't be quite the same compiling it.

In the meantime, I'll do my best. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You must be pleased he is leaving then? :)

Incidentally, for those who don't get my Skull... it was funny because I was paraphrasing something Murphy said to Mitchell once, and using it on Gelman when it was appropriate (because of the U2-Fusion gag).
Nah, sorry to hear it, actually. One swallow doesn't make a summer so I'll chalk this up to a lapse in Fiery's usually sound taste.

Not convinced the exegesis makes your post any funnier either, sorry. :ph34r:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Never found any of Fiery's Skull picks that funny TBH, but whatever. Congratulations to all winners and thanks to the awards team.

Fiery

Banned
Never found any of Fiery's Skull picks that funny TBH, but whatever. Congratulations to all winners and thanks to the awards team.
Thought I would login to respond to a few people who said nice things and say goodbye to a few people...pathetic parting shot Perm...You and Richard are the 2 biggest ****s on this site... both trying to piss on my farewell....woeful. Thanks to everyone else for the kind words :)

Last edited: