• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Bats

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hey I thought it would be interesting to see what bats we all use. I'm 16 and I use a GM Duellist 808. The bat feels quite heavy and I think it limits some of my shots, for example the cut and pull, also as I spend more time at the crease, and fatigue kicks in, it really does start to feel like a brick. Its a mens size bat, and I was wondering if there are soem lighter men's cricket bats? I was looking at the newburry range and was wondering if anyoen who had one could tell me if they are very heavy? :)

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
^ I'm guessing that may be quite a heavy bat though, that's the impression that I get with woodworm bats.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Unless you get a £200+ one GM's are usualy very heavy.

Lightest bat i've ever had was last years GN Lazer which was awesome. If you're looking for a light bat i'd stay away from GM and try the Kookaburra Gennesis range and all the Newberry's which are both great bats.

open365

^ I'm guessing that may be quite a heavy bat though, that's the impression that I get with woodworm bats.
The ones i've that heavy, however i find the pickup on them makes them feel a bit heavier than what they really are.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had a smash in the nets with a heavy as MRF bat at the weekend. Essentially just throw the bat at any delivery and it'll ping off somewhere for runs.

Normally bat with one of these though.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well, I've had a net with a Newbury, and it felt very nice I guess a negative is that they cost quite a bit. I've usually gome for GM's usually 909's and they are messed up in 2 years, I hope the added price will also mean added quality.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm using a Slazenger SX Extreme at the moment, and I'm loving it. It's the first bat I've ever had that isn't a Gray Nicholls.

open365

Well, I've had a net with a Newbury, and it felt very nice I guess a negative is that they cost quite a bit. I've usually gome for GM's usually 909's and they are messed up in 2 years, I hope the added price will also mean added quality.
More pricy bats give better performance but generaly break easier due to the way they are made.

open365

Depends, do you like your cricket?

Personaly i love playing and love having a good bat so i get a £150+ one every year, but 3 times a week if you could afford it i reckon you should.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I tend to bat in nets and in matches around 5/6/7 times a week, so I have 4 bats. On dead bat that has no middle at all that I use in nets, to improve my timing, 1 fielding bat that I use when doing fielding for our juniors sometimes, my second bat which is a GN Gladius Select (still a great bat), and my match bat which is a Slazenger SX Extreme, which is very nice.

open365

I tend to bat in nets and in matches around 5/6/7 times a week, so I have 4 bats. On dead bat that has no middle at all that I use in nets, to improve my timing, 1 fielding bat that I use when doing fielding for our juniors sometimes, my second bat which is a GN Gladius Select (still a great bat), and my match bat which is a Slazenger SX Extreme, which is very nice.
I had one of those 3 years ago, absolutely awesome, best bat i've ever had, i cried when they discontinued it.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha they are awesome. Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if the middle on that bat would be more powerful than that of a Hero Original LE or something, gun bat. Pretty crap toe though.

open365

Haha they are awesome. Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if the middle on that bat would be more powerful than that of a Hero Original LE or something, gun bat. Pretty crap toe though.
That's why i bought a 2 10 GN titanium predator this year, the whole bat is middle so my constant mis hits acctualy go to the fence.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Never been a big fan of the predator range tbh, would have preferred a Powerbow. All is gun in the GN range though. I love my gloves though, Phoenix5*, gun.

umop 3p!sdn

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well when I get the new bat (Next season) I wont use it in nets I hate it when people use poor quality balls and leave marks and bright red cherries on the bat, well I play a hell of a lot of cricket usual U17's match 1 or 2 times a week depends if there is a cup match, then 2 mens matches wich are both around division 5, so quite a good standard.

open365

Never been a big fan of the predator range tbh, would have preferred a Powerbow. All is gun in the GN range though. I love my gloves though, Phoenix5*, gun.
I had a powerbow 2 years ago and it was too heavy, some days i could hardly lift it though tbf if you connected it went miles.

I think it matters what model you though tbh, anything that's £200+ is just awesome whatever bat it is but some of the lower models are a lot heavier than the higher ones.