• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best three teams for each country ever...

archie mac

International Coach
Only saw Evans twice ..in the 51/52 and 57/8 series..In both cases matches were a travesty of Cricket..From what I can recall he was capable but I think he would have been near retirement in the second one..Both Tests were at the gabba..To answer your question..In the first series the Aussie keeper was Tallon who I rate as the best I have ever seen and in the next series Grout was the keeper and I rate him second to Tallon. Both Aussies were crisp and sharp behind the stumps whereas when Statham and Loader were bowling Evans appeared not to able always to anticipate what was about to happen.The one thing as I recall about Evans keeping was he would stand over the stumps to receive the ball whereas both Grout and Tallon would stand beside them and Tallon had perfected the footsweep to take off the bails.ie By standing beside the stumps he would take the ball on the return say on the offside and in a sweeping motion sort of wave the ball over the bails and break the stumps with his foot.No TV replays in those days.Archie mac,I hope this answers your question because you are really testing this old fellas memory now.:)
Yes great thank you:)