• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Leicestershire 7 down now - and still over 300 behind - so I imagine Somerset have claimed the extra half hour there.

I see Kent are struggling - I'll be at Nevil Road tomorrow to see them following on.
Pretty poor stuff from Kent yesterday. That said, if you include the two batsmen who are in at the moment, we still have 6 players to bat who have first class centuries to their name. Given that there's rain around as well, I would still expect this to be a draw.

Have to say I've been really impressed by Yorkshire so far this season. They may not be the most exciting and fast-scoring county around but they've been really strong.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Damn yo, when the hell will Marcus be ready for England again? Geez that bloke is on fire ATM..

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Would you rather play on a pitch like Taunton where Darren Masters is the pick of the bowlers, or go to Old Trafford and have Edwards hurling down bouncers at you at 90mph+? ;)

I think he's probably enjoying boosting his average at the moment!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Damn yo, when the hell will Marcus be ready for England again? Geez that bloke is on fire ATM..
If Strauss doesn't make a decent score in the second innings then I would bring Marcus Trescothick back into the team for the 4th Test. He has had roughly 10 games for Somerset so has started to get back into the flow of playing cricket on a pretty hectic schedule.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
He's said recently though that he's not ready to come back, and I guess he'll speak up when he is. So if Strauss fails in the second innings and Trescothick keeps quiet, I expect we'll see Vaughan open and Shah in at 3.

Perm

He's said recently though that he's not ready to come back, and I guess he'll speak up when he is. So if Strauss fails in the second innings and Trescothick keeps quiet, I expect we'll see Vaughan open and Shah in at 3.
Where did he say that? I haven't heard or read anything so I assume he was ready to come back whenever he got picked, but the selectors though they'd give him a chance to get back into the swing of things first.

Perm

It'd be interesting to see what his "condition" is like now and whether he feels ready to come back into the England set up.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
It'd be interesting to see what his "condition" is like now and whether he feels ready to come back into the England set up.
Yes, although I imagine that the ball is in his court - he'll say when he feels ready and the selectors will then consider him for selection. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later, although the draw of Taunton on a batsman is obviously very strong :cool:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Strange to see Croft opening the bowling for Glamorgan along with Harris. They're obviously going for a contrasting opening pairing - young+old, fast+ slow...

Kent are being crap again today. Meh.

Last edited:

Perm

Somerset have beaten Leicestershire by an innings and 259 runs. Is James Hildreth any good or has his average been inflated a whole heap by playing at Taunton? I think I may have heard his name being tossed around for England A tours and that sort of thing.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Is James Hildreth any good or has his average been inflated a whole heap by playing at Taunton? I think I may have heard his name being tossed around for England A tours and that sort of thing.
Potential to be a very good player imo. Had a excellent 2005 but faded a little bit last year which is perfectly understandable for one so young and inexperienced at first class level. Would be pretty shocked if he didn't get picked for the A team next year.