• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Stefano

School Boy/Girl Captain
Last Saturday I was in Edgbaston for Day 4 of Warwickshire vs Hampshire. It was my first cricket county match of my life. I really enjoyed it. Great performance by Nic Pothas, who scored a century. I did some pictures and I would like to show them to you.

Attachments

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Last Saturday I was in Edgbaston for Day 4 of Warwickshire vs Hampshire. It was my first cricket county match of my life. I really enjoyed it. Great performance by Nic Pothas, who scored a century. I did some pictures and I would like to show them to you.
Should seriously consider offering the boss a few of them, TBH - would be great for a few ground profiles. :)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
he is...he was on standby for England so was at OT for the start of the test and when he wasn't needed he went to Durham and replaced Newby at lunch
Thankfully Lancs batted first, so he's having a bowl. I really ca't see why he had to be at OT yesterday, as there was never the slightest chance of him playing.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Unless someone got injured in the warmup, or fell ill this morning? Not likely, but England would look a bit stupid if that happened and they'd already sent their 12th man off to play county cricket.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Unless someone got injured in the warmup, or fell ill this morning? Not likely, but England would look a bit stupid if that happened and they'd already sent their 12th man off to play county cricket.
That's fair. I just hope Anderson doesn't suffer a repeat of 2004 when he seemed to spend most of the summer missing games through beig 12th man all the time.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Sayers finally out which is good. Yorkshire have a longish tail, so I'm hoping we can run through them and get them out for under 500, which would at least leave the slim chance of a positive result for Kent still open. I would imagine it'll be a high-scoring draw though, given the strength of Kent's batting lineup.
Damn.

Looks like rain tomorrow anyway, so match will peter out into a boring draw IMO

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Did you see the strange black floaty thing?

Anyway, Somerset are currently 621-3 off 115 overs. Tres, Edwards & White have gone for 182,133 & 114, respectively, and Hildreth & Kieswetter are there on 152* & 0* :D :jump:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Did you see the strange black floaty thing?

Anyway, Somerset are currently 621-3 off 115 overs. Tres, Edwards & White have gone for 182,133 & 114, respectively, and Hildreth & Kieswetter are there on 152* & 0* :D :jump:
Any idea why Langer hasn't come into bat?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
With Langer & Blackwell not bothering to have a bat, afaics.
Good to see Broad come back with a couple of wickets.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I'm guessing Langer felt the younger guys could have the practice, considering how many runs they've already got!!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
5 down now, and Peter Trego took a wicket, proves there must be something in the pitch, surely:blink:

Honestly though, top performance this, only a bit rubbish if you happen to have Justin Langer in your Fantasy side:@

Last edited: