• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, fortunately there is no such quota. Otherwise D'Oliveira, the Greigs, the Smiths, Lamb, etc. would never have got the chance to play. :p

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
But I never knew you were a Sussex fan, and only a Sussex fan could champion those 2 as England prospects (good as both have been for any number of years) given that both are now older than would be ideal.

As for Prior... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasnt putting there name up for England :p except Kirtley :p btw i've being a supporter since 2002 so :p wow 3 tongues in one post

and Yes Prior he should've been playing since he won the CC tbh hes a gun

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A gun in the Championship, maybe, but I honestly can't see him doing much in Tests.

And how he ever got picked for ODIs is beyond me... :mellow:

pinchy81

A gun in the Championship, maybe, but I honestly can't see him doing much in Tests.

And how he ever got picked for ODIs is beyond me... :mellow:
he didnt get a fair chance in ODI's tbh he isnt an opener hes a 3,4,5 and if your wondering how Prior got in there then how'd Geriant Jones and Nixon get there

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
he didnt get a fair chance in ODI's tbh he isnt an opener hes a 3,4,5 and if your wondering how Prior got in there then how'd Geriant Jones and Nixon get there
Nixon deserved it TBH.

Prior was only picked because he was opening for Sussex in the one-dayers. Had he been batting down the order it's unlikely he would.

Jones got in there because "your best Test players are your best ODI players" and all that nonsense. 8-)

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBH I wouldn't mind to much if Prior did play next summer and opened to take advantage of the powerplays.However there are other candidates including the likes of Mal Loye and James Benning.

pinchy81

Jones got in there because "your best Test players are your best ODI players" and all that nonsense. 8-)
Jones shouldnt have got a test start in the first place hes one of the worst keepers ive seen and trust me ive seen bad keepers ive seen me

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH I wouldn't mind to much if Prior did play next summer and opened to take advantage of the powerplays.However there are other candidates including the likes of Mal Loye and James Benning.
Loye shouldn't be a candidate any more - at 38 there's next to no chance of him being around in 2011.

And haven't we seen enough of Prior in ODIs? I certainly have. Give Benning a shot at it, provided he goes well this season.

pinchy81

Loye???? he had his chance he blew it hes out and Benning tbh theres a couple of players ahead of him like Yardy :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jones shouldnt have got a test start in the first place hes one of the worst keepers ive seen and trust me ive seen bad keepers ive seen me
Well he became much better from 2005\06 onwards, but he was picked regardless of his below-average wicketkeeping. In Tests, his selection was quite right as he could, at the time, bat. Not any more, it seems.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's enough as far as I'm concerned.

Prior is not ODI-standard, I could have told you that before he even played. His domestic record is awful. The only reason he was picked was because "he's a big hitter".

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think that Prior is a"big hitter" in the mold of a Matt Hayden or Sanath Jayasuriya.He was picked because the England selectors obviously saw potential in him and they thought he was a better choice than Jones,Read.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mostly he was picked as an opening batsman, not a wicketkeeper.

Prior was IMO a classic case of the "he's a big hitter" clouding the "he's not very good" thing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Prior is one of those guys who you can just tell can't cut it..

LOL at the game going on at Taunton, did they relay the pitch with a road?

stumpski

International Captain
Yorkshire batting again with a lead of 250. My guess is that they'll look to stick Surrey in for 20 minutes tonight. Ramprakash got 100 # 88.