• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Congratulations to Mark Ramprakash, for passing 2000 runs this season (for I think the second season in a row)
Yep, the bloke's a genuine phenomenon just now. Aside from the 2000 FC runs in consecutive years he's also become the first player ever to average more than 100 in successive seasons. Sir Geoffrey the only other man to have averaged 3 figures in two seasons since the war (71 & 79) and only two other players (Gooch in 90 & Damien Martyn in 2001) have even done it in one season!

It was also the 97th ton of his career & the sixth time he's tonned up in both innings. Only Ponting, Hammond & Zaheer Abbas exceed him in this respect. Credit to Andy Wilson in The Guardian for this statistical overload.

Awesome.

stumpski

International Captain
Well I was out all day yesterday (away from radio and internet) and been at work today so I've literally just found out what happened yesterday. Can't believe Lancashire came so close - I never thought they'd even get within 100, though I'm not surprised they went for the runs - and not surprised that Sussex took five wickets as only the weather was going to stop them there. I enjoyed their win in 2003 as much as anyone but the novelty is starting to wear off now. Does anyone think they'd even be a first division side without Mushtaq Ahmed? Hard to remember a county side so dependent on one bowler.