• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Zimbabwe

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Zimbabwe doing well in their chase so far, 165-2 off 28 overs.

SA's bowling attack seems to be awfully weak for large parts of the games in this series.

Craig

World Traveller
Zimbabwe are 3/224 with 11 overs left but Taibu is batting well. Vusi Sibanda always surprises me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe are 3/224 with 11 overs left but Taibu is batting well. Vusi Sibanda always surprises me.
Sibanda is a much improved batsman since the bad old days when he really shouldn't have been playing. Has the potential to be anything.

Chubb

International Regular
Welcome back Tatenda :)

Top innings from the little big man, shame that one of Masakadza, Sibanda or Taylor couldn't have stayed with him for the long haul. Saffie death bowling was just too good for the guys to score quickly enough against. Still, the best Zimba ODI performance against a Full Member for quite a while.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What a difference Taibu makes... If Zim can get themselves a decent pace bowler they would shoot above Ireland very quickly, for they have the resonates of a more than decent batting line-up.

Not the greatest of performances from South Africa though and a disappointing tour for Thandi once more, didn’t do much in Ireland and he failed to make an impression in Zim.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I'd like to see Paul Harris get a consistant gig as a One day cricketer for SA.. He played so well against India in test cricket, possibly the hardest task for a SLA bowler to achieve

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like to see Paul Harris get a consistant gig as a One day cricketer for SA.. He played so well against India in test cricket, possibly the hardest task for a SLA bowler to achieve
Paul wouldn't be the most attacking of bowlers but he doesn't go for many, Thandi in contrast is an attacking bowler who likes to give the ball air and could offer South Africa a real wicket taking threat in the future.

But for the tours of Pakistan and India, Harris should really be considered or if his batting and fielding is still the concern, why not give Con de Lange a chance? His a guy who really is no frills but he can bat and he shouldn't get smashed but I see Johan Botha getting back into the fold for Mickey Arthur loves the guy.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Taibu did make the difference but it was a spirited performance from all our batters. They werent scared to throw the bat at the ball in the early overs. This is normally a stumbling block for them but they managed to get over it perfectly.

Finishing on 295/7, that is easily the highest score by a zimbabwe for the past 4/5 years so it was a great achievement, and just proves what is possible from the team. Just give them a few years and they will be even better.

Also what we lack is a quality pace bowler that has the ability to take wickets at under 30 consistently. Our pace bowlers are ok but they lack real pace. Mpofu can bowl up to 85 but he needs to bulk up a bit as right now he is about 6'4 and cant weigh more than 70kg which is detrimental to his action and pace.

Its looking good for Zim and im looking forward to seeing us in action against England and Australia in the 20/20. Hopefully we can put a good show on and you never know what can happen, but if today is anything to go by we can pinch hit when nessicary.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
A few times there I thought Tshabalala was going to take off like an aeroplane before he bowled the ball. His arms went sort of wide.
Bosman hurt his back but it's not a serious injury, according to Arthur.

Craig

World Traveller
Sibanda is a much improved batsman since the bad old days when he really shouldn't have been playing. Has the potential to be anything.
So has he actually had some coaching since then? You obviously know more to the story then I do.

Paul wouldn't be the most attacking of bowlers but he doesn't go for many, Thandi in contrast is an attacking bowler who likes to give the ball air and could offer South Africa a real wicket taking threat in the future.

But for the tours of Pakistan and India, Harris should really be considered or if his batting and fielding is still the concern, why not give Con de Lange a chance? His a guy who really is no frills but he can bat and he shouldn't get smashed but I see Johan Botha getting back into the fold for Mickey Arthur loves the guy.
So is Botha allowed to bowl again? BTW whatever happened to Paul Adams?

Chubb

International Regular
Vusi always had a pretty decent technique and immense natural talent. His problem was on the mental side. He had no concentration at all. He'd look really good for ten balls, then throw his wicket away. Basically his improvement is down to increased cricketing maturity and a spell in Grade cricket. He himself says his time in Australia has improved him immensly.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
So is Botha allowed to bowl again? BTW whatever happened to Paul Adams?
Yeah, his been back bowling for a few months now. Johan has toured India, Australia and Zim with his remodelled action and thus far there haven’t been any problems.

In regard to Paul Adams his still around… He was apart of a couple of South Africa’s test squads last year (subbed in a couple of them) but his selection was more a reflection on the part of Haroon Lorgat to show the lack of spin talent in South Africa, a move which enraged Nicky Boje into retirement and perversely highlighted to the selectors that there is plenty of better options than Adams in the spin department.

Adams is currently fighting for his franchise career with the Cape Cobra’s, who now favour Con de Lange, as their premium spinner.