• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cosgrove, Finch, Warner suspended by cricket australia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wonder what "repeated inappropriate treatment of accommodation facilities" is? As Cosgrove's involved it's probably just pie crumbs on the bed clothes or kebab sauce on the carpet.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My bet's on inviting mates around and leaving beer-cans strewn around along with God-knows-what-else (crumbs might be slightly understating it).

Either way, it's pretty poor conduct in this day-and-age. Might have been tolerated 2 generations ago, but those times are gone and people must keep with the ages.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Read somewhere that it said food fights with food on the walls among other stuff. It said the appartment manager has said that he won't have cricketers back again.

howardj

International Coach
What a dill. You'd think, at that stage of your career, you'd be going all out to make a good impression.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Read somewhere that it said food fights with food on the walls among other stuff. It said the appartment manager has said that he won't have cricketers back again.
:blink: I mean, there's stupid and there's stupid.

If it was having a load of mates around and trashing the place with drunkenness, that'd at least be something you expect of those of the age (if only irresponsible types of the age), rather than something you expect of 7-year-olds.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a dill.
I think I've just walked into Ramsey Street.

Next, some spotty 'erbert in Erinsborough High uniform will be getting their Galah to attack Heath whilst telling Heath in no uncertain terms to 'Rack Off'.

At least I can pop in to Karl Kennedy's surgery and get some of that anti-chafing cream that he promised me.

pasag

RTDAS
Haha total joke really. From Cosgrove:

"Obviously I didn't keep my room tidy enough to (meet) the standards of Cricket Australia and I've accepted their punishment," Cosgrove said today.

"There's no damage to my room and never has been, just untidy.
That's insane for mine, I can't believe anything has been made of this and he's been kicked out of a cricket program because he didn't keep his room clean. Biggest joke.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think I've just walked into Ramsey Street.

Next, some spotty 'erbert in Erinsborough High uniform will be getting their Galah to attack Heath whilst telling Heath in no uncertain terms to 'Rack Off'.

At least I can pop in to Karl Kennedy's surgery and get some of that anti-chafing cream that he promised me.
Karl doesn't work in a surgery..

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha total joke really. From Cosgrove:

That's insane for mine, I can't believe anything has been made of this and he's been kicked out of a cricket program because he didn't keep his room clean. Biggest joke.
I guess the thing is that they have put the future use of the accommodation at risk, with the owner of the apartments saying that he won't have the cricketers back again. They have had a lot of issues with accommodation for the academy scholars, and these apartments were supposed to be high class, and in a very good location. That's probably why the punishment came in.

Interesting to see that he wouldn't have gone to India anyway because of bone spurs in his foot.

Fiery

Banned
Karl doesn't work in a surgery..
If I recall correctly:

Karl used to run the local medical practice in Erinsborough. Though a former GP, Karl seemed to be trained in every field of medicine possible, as he has been directly involved with every aspect of any medical problem to happen in Erinsborough since his arrival in 1994, including mental health problems and births.

Having admitted being tempted to stray on many occasions, his first actual act of infidelity happened when he kissed Sarah Beaumont (his receptionist at the time). Susan (Jackie Woodburne) found out some time after the incident through their son, Billy. She slapped him and threw him out. She eventually forgave him, but they separated after Susan developed retrograde amnesia and forgot everything that happened after 1972, including her marriage to Karl and the birth of their children. They eventually reconciled, but separated again some time after and divorced after nearly 30 years of marriage. The divorce was amicable with Susan keeping the family home. Karl found love in the considerably younger Isabelle Hoyland (Natalie Bassingthwaighte) who seduced Karl. She later got pregnant by Gus Cleary (Ben Barrack), and led Karl to believe he was the father of her baby. She had been informed that any other pregnancy was unlikely. Izzy later miscarried. When Susan discovered the baby was not Karl's, with help from her nephew Darcy Tyler (Mark Raffety), she gave Isabelle an ultimatum - she had to tell Karl the truth within 24 hours or she would tell him herself. Eventually the relationship collapsed. Karl nearly died after having a heart attack on a lonely road. Convinced any phone call he made would be his last, he called his ex-wife Susan, making him realise that he had made a mistake divorcing Susan although another reconciliation seems unlikely. Karl began a relationship with Jenny, a local Councillor, who is not popular amongst other Ramsay Street residents. At one point she even pretends that she is engaged to Karl. This relationship ends when Karl realises he is still in love with his ex wife Susan. Karl was a mentor for Zeke Kinski (Matthew Werkmeister), helping him with school work and football, since Zeke's father (and also Susan's second husband) Alex Kinski (Andrew Clarke) died. Susan and Karl have since got back together, but had to stop seeing each other because Rachel (Caitlin Stasey) and Zeke, Susan's stepchildren, thought that she was betraying their late father Alex.

Susan and Karl's relationship got back on track soon though. Karl has now moved back into the Kinski household, reuniting Susan and Karl in their marital home. After the paternity mix-up with infant Kerry Mangel, Sky Mangel (Stephanie McIntosh) considered sueing him but abandoned the idea though Karl decided to quit his career as a doctor and has now taken up home farming, selling home grown eggs.

The long-running series in-joke that Karl's middle name was "Marx" due to his adoptive father's supposed Communist leanings (hence his first name being "Karl", making his name "Karl Marx Kennedy") was finally addressed with the appearance of Karl's biological father, who confirmed that his middle name was actually "Raymond". Although, in the March 19, 2007 episode, Karl made a reference to Karl Marx while spelling out his name to footballer Pete Gartside (Daniel Schutzmann), during a trip to England with Susan.

While in England, Karl accidentally booked a shared room in the Ritz Hostel, not the Ritz Hotel. While Susan was enraged with Karl with this at first, she later forgave him. Later on in the trip, Karl proposed to Susan, who accepted. Both were extremely surprised to discover that the heavily-pregnant Izzy was also in England, having an affair with the footballer Pete Gartside. When Karl threw a surprise wedding a few days before they left for Ramsay Street, Izzy decided she was going to tell Karl that he was the father of her child. Both Pete and Izzy snuck on board the boat Karl and Susan were getting married on, and she fell into labour after they were officially married. Karl delivered Holly Hoyland, but did not know she was his own child. Susan overheard Izzy and Pete talking in the ambulance that Karl was the father, but she kept this from him until they arrived back in Ramsay Street. Karl then returned to London to see his new daughter.

When he came back, he found out that Tom Scully had returned and was the new principal of Erinsborough High School. Karl was upset that Susan never told him that Tom was back in Ramsey Street. Karl is currently working for Davo Mather.

pasag

RTDAS
I guess the thing is that they have put the future use of the accommodation at risk, with the owner of the apartments saying that he won't have the cricketers back again. They have had a lot of issues with accommodation for the academy scholars, and these apartments were supposed to be high class, and in a very good location. That's probably why the punishment came in.

Interesting to see that he wouldn't have gone to India anyway because of bone spurs in his foot.
Yeah I don't mind the fact that CA had to choose between him and their accommodation, it's just the way this played out in the media and the way he was looked to have done something sinister or wrong that really annoys me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Fiery..

Karl decided to quit his career as a doctor and has now taken up home farming, selling home grown eggs.
He should have went with Sarah Beaumount (Nicola Charles) IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah I don't mind the fact that CA had to choose between him and their accommodation, it's just the way this played out in the media and the way he was looked to have done something sinister or wrong that really annoys me.
Seems odd, yes. As I say, my first reaction was that they must've done something really bad.

I suppose you can sort of understand the seemingly-OTT CA "play-out" if they knew there was a chance their accommodation deal was going to be jeapardised.