• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee

Eclipse

International Debutant
I think If he bowled like he does in ODI games in test matches he would solve his problems of late in test cricket.

Lees last 25 ODI wickets have come at an avrage of around 17 and as shown by tonight his Line and Lengh has really improved and with out hindering his pace (clocked at 156.2kph tonight)

I think he takes his latitude to attack a little to far in test cricket were as the damands of ODI cricket force him to bowl a better line and length and hence he takes more wickets.

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Eclipse I see your point but then again He has played against teams like England who(no offense) aren't really that hard to get their wickets....

P.S: I'm firm in my belief that England's loses to Australia are more to do with the England team lacking confidence when playing against the aussies than everyone thinks. I.E: England are beaten psychologically before they are physically beaten.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Yes but his ODI form has been good for quite some time now not just this series.

And despite the fact England and Srilanka are not particuarly strong he is still the leading wicket taker ahead of some very good bowlers like McGrath.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
R_Powell_fan said:
He has played against teams like England who(no offense) aren't really that hard to get their wickets....
You try telling that to the Indian and Sri Lankan bowlers after last summer :lol:

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
You try telling that to the Indian and Sri Lankan bowlers after last summer :lol:
The Indian bowlers seems 2 have lost their appetite in England, wonder what happened:O , some bowlers changed their roles and started banging the English bowlers, can't blame them much,even i can't resists the temptation of facing English bolwers:P :P :P :P :P

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rik said:
I think if they would have played AUS with other name than ENG then they would have fared much better.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
R_Powell_fan said:
Eclipse I see your point but then again He has played against teams like England who(no offense) aren't really that hard to get their wickets....
So how come he's not taking many wickets against England? I seem to remember he had a shocker 18 months ago!

Eclipse

International Debutant
umm he is taking wickets against England at least he is now.

5 wickets in the test match 4 in the first ODI and 2 more in the second.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
umm he is taking wickets against England at least he is now.

5 wickets in the test match 4 in the first ODI and 2 more in the second.
5 Wickets in the Test at an average of 30...yes, I agree, quite superb :rolleyes:

All he did really was bang Tudor on the head, otherwise the match would have been quite forgettable for him.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
so what are the english bowlers averaging atm???
Lee is bowling superbly atm and will continue to do so i feel through out the VB and ashes and the World cup and WI tour

PS i hope Lee gets to bowl against one of the non test playing countries,, he would probably take 10 in an innngs :D

Eclipse

International Debutant
you idiot I said nothing about avrage 5 wickets a test match is very good.

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Superbly? What on earth are you on about? 3-78 and 2-76 are hardly impressive. Also the fact that I saw a load of boundaries against him on the highlights confirm my opinion, he's hyped up and over-rated.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
you idiot I said nothing about avrage 5 wickets a test match is very good.
Nope but you quoted yourself :rolleyes: how can you say I'm an idot? :rolleyes: What proof have you got? :saint:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rick seeing as how you are only ever seeing highlights I doubt you would be fit to judge.

I was not that impresed with his test form but so far in the ODI series he has bowled fantasticly and dont try and tell me hes not.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Rick seeing as how you are only ever seeing highlights I doubt you would be fit to judge.

I was not that impresed with his test form but so far in the ODI series he has bowled fantasticly and dont try and tell me hes not.
Rik :P

Anyway how am I supposed to see him bowl properly? I have terrestrial TV, Ch4 so I see bugger all. Anyway I haven't seen him bowl in the ODIs so I can say he hasn't :saint:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Ok thats fine I supose you can only make judgements on what you see but Ill tell you and take my word he is bowling very well so far in the ODIs.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Eclipse said:
Ok thats fine I supose you can only make judgements on what you see but Ill tell you and take my word he is bowling very well so far in the ODIs.
Fair enough. Anyway as you said I can only say what I've seen. Still I think he was given too much credit in the Test.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how can you say I'm an idot? What proof have you got?
Exactly! It usually takes people much longer to realise you're an idiot. :D

I thought Brett bowled reasonably well the other night. When he just runs in and lets fly, he's a handful. It's when he tries the line-and-length stuff he struggles. Leave that to McGrath and Gillespie. Leave the scary stuff to Lee. That's the attitude he shoudl be taking.

Interesting how Michael Vaughan rated Brett Lee quicker than Shoaib in an interview with Mike Atherton recently.................