• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Hehehe anyway this is a guy I've seen take bugger all Wickets in England, what am I supposed to say? He's the Bowling Equivilent to Bradman? :rolleyes:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
lee has bowled quicker than Acktar in Aus now, and yes he prob can go quicker. also, his line was great the other day, and length was scary!! he continues to improve as well

look out England in the next test if he is picked

age_master said:
so what are the english bowlers averaging atm???
Don't forget, English bowlers have a massive task at hand of bowling to the great Aussie team, Aussie bowlers have a relatively easy task.

Top_Cat said:

Interesting how Michael Vaughan rated Brett Lee quicker than Shoaib in an interview with Mike Atherton recently.................
Vaughan also happen to have played against Akhter a year and a half back when he faced him in a test match in which Akhter was half fit and after bowling a some overs Akhter went out of the series with injuries( something which he is very fond of:lol: )

V Reddy

International Debutant
age_master said:
so you reakon you could face him rik???
If he could have faced him then atleast he would have been in a county team. It doesn't mean that if we can't face him then we shouldn't talk about him.

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
age_master said:
lee has bowled quicker than Acktar in Aus now, and yes he prob can go quicker. also, his line was great the other day, and length was scary!! he continues to improve as well

look out England in the next test if he is picked

So if he's doing that great then why have you got doubts over his inclusion in test side???

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Lee's big test will be in WC, will be interesting to see how he performs against strong teams. I still think that Bichel is a better bet than Lee for onedayers ( Flemming though would be my first choice for 3rd pacer)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
warrioryohannan said:
So if he's doing that great then why have you got doubts over his inclusion in test side???

yeah bichels in pretty good form too and with the aussie selectors you can never tell !!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
No way is Bichel a better bet Lee avrages 22.09 in ODI cricket and is in good form. and unlike In test cricket he never made a remarkable start to his One Day International carear and that avrage has more or less stayed the same.

Also Bichel is no better than Lee RPO wise so why use a bowler Less likley to take wickets.

Note Lee's ODI strike rate is 27.07 thats the second best in the world.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It depends on the attitude Australia take to ODIs, whether toa attack or to sit back and contain.

Knowing Australia, it will be attack from the word go so Lee will be picked.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
also they will prob want to give lee more match experience, as he seems to be improving the more matches he plays

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
so you reakon you could face him rik???
Anyone could face him, not all would be succesful but I've played against someone of very similer pace (90mph) and I'm still averaging 99 this season...

Not saying he was even remotely accurate though :lol:

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
vishnureddy said:
If he could have faced him then atleast he would have been in a county team. It doesn't mean that if we can't face him then we shouldn't talk about him.
I play for Shropshire which, in case you forgot, is an English county :yawn: