• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring & the most Stylish Batsman

Who is most Stylish Batsman?

• Total voters

allout

Cricket Spectator
1) - Well I think Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis both are the most boring batsman
becasue they hardly hit big shots.

2) - There are many stylish batsmen like Brain Lara , Muhammad Yousuf, Ricky Ponting but I think the most stylish player is Mahela Jayawardne.

What do you say?

The_Bunny

State Regular
Are we talking about the most "stylish" batsmen of all time or that is currently playing?
Either way a hell of a lot of names are missing.
As for the ones in the poll I would have to go with Ponting.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I dont expect anyone to agree with me but I always found Trescothick quite stylish in his own unique way, quite enjoyed watching him bat. Along with VVS Laxman and Mark Waugh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
You know its weird to say this but I've always really enjoyed Chanderpauls style.

But for a stylish batsman you can't go past Chris Martin.

For boring I would have to go for... (well I spent quite a while deliberating that) but the recent series has to push it in his favour, Ganga, I was going to go for a bowler but he was dreadful to watch in England.

Fiery

Banned
You know its weird to say this but I've always really enjoyed Chanderpauls style.

But for a stylish batsman you can't go past Chris Martin.

For boring I would have to go for... (well I spent quite a while deliberating that) but the recent series has to push it in his favour, Ganga, I was going to go for a bowler but he was dreadful to watch in England.
You're right, Ganga is dire to watch

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
1) - Well I think Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis both are the most boring batsman
becasue they hardly hit big shots.

2) - There are many stylish batsmen like Brain Lara , Muhammad Yousuf, Ricky Ponting but I think the most stylish player is Mahela Jayawardne.

What do you say?
Kallis has hit over 100 ODI sixes, so it would be rather erroneous to suggest that Kallis hardly hits a big shot. Statistically Kallis hits more sixes per ODI innings than these select group of players, Tendulkar, Saeed Anwar, Inzy, Sehwag and Astle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, Shahid Afridi is real boring :dry:
He is, I find batsmen whose most common innings is slogging one straight up virtually the minute you come to the crease incredibly boring myself. Might as well not even bother walking out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Most boring & the most Stylish Batsman
That's a very, very strange question, TBH, stylish batsmen can be boring and vice-versa. These two things are not polar opposites and do not even slide on the same scale.

Most ugly and most stylish or most boring and most entertaining batsmen would be better questions.

Fiery

Banned
He is, I find batsmen whose most common innings is slogging one straight up virtually the minute you come to the crease incredibly boring myself. Might as well not even bother walking out.
Yeah but you're a dryballs pommy dork :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t think KP is very stylish, he has a formula of success which isn’t that particularly easy on the eye and his offside game much like Hayden’s and captain Smith’s isn’t attractive but merely affective.