• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My top 30 FIRST CLASS batsmen of all time

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Fry didn't shine in Tests, but was a star in FC, Gents v Players and for Sussex - six consecutive FC centuries at one point!

Of course, he was so much more than a cricketer.

Very interesting stuff, DoG!
Fry was so good at everything he was sickening. Vic Marks once wrote that his CV would either utterly scare and intimidate any potential employer or be written off as a complete lie. No one can be that accomplished in so many fields.

But he was.

Days of Grace

International Captain
DoG on suicide watch after that pwning I believe. I hope he pulls through ok.
ha ha, tbh, the fc list is a bit like garbage because like i said before it doesn't take into account strength of bowling opposition.

My test ratings are much more clearly defined.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Saying that, it would be impossible to do a comprehensive rating for first-class batsmen because of a lack of stats on statsguru (e.g. record vs. each opponent). And it would probably take me months and months. Some batsmen played over 500 games.
Stats showing the first class record of each player vs. each opponent are available from cricketarchive.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Yes, lack of time right now.

Plus do they have the bowling and batting RPW for each side in county cricket in each decade? Without that, the ratings would not that good.

chasingthedon

International Regular
Yes, lack of time right now.

Plus do they have the bowling and batting RPW for each side in county cricket in each decade? Without that, the ratings would not that good.
See attached - I have this format for each season since 1890, easily sortable for whatever you need to feed into your calculations. I can zip it up for you if you like. Email me at davewilson_us@yahoo.com

Attachments