• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bogie grounds and favourite grounds?

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
Do you have any grounds/teams where you cannot seem to get a run against them whatever form your in
OR
can't stop scoring runs against them whatever form your in?

A few of mine:
Teams and Grounds:
Favourites
(t)Beckwithshaw averaging 72. (g) Beckwithshaw (never been dismissed 140 runs scored)
(g)Pateley Bridge averaging 67.
(g)Harrogate averaging 48.5
(t+g)Marton *** Grafton averaging 51
(g)Bishop Thornton 50
(t+g)Wighill Park 56

Bogies
(g) Bilton averaging 0 (t) Bilton averaging 1
(g) Studley Royal Deer Park 4 (t) Studley Royal 27

What about you?

DCC_legend

International Regular
Dungannon CC's ground. Bowled crap and fielded crap, didn't have to bat.

Have pretty much been rubbish since i played there.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I always bat well away for some reason, and rubbish at home. Probably because our pitch is so incredibly dire. I've always done well at Leeds, as well as Green Lane.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I play **** at **** grounds and well in great grounds when the sun is shining, i'm a bit of a fair weather player.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm the opposite tbh, I always play **** on great, flat, hard pitches when the sun is out, and great in pressure situations on damp sticky rubbish pitches.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Worst Ground... Bickley Park...bowled a very very long over....
Favourite Ground.....Sidcup.....Bowled there twice and took 4-3-1-4 and 4-2-7-3

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I dont know how. I dont know why. But for some reason, I play far, far better away. Home just seems to, I dont know - affect my form somehow? Maybe its the expectation or something.
Away, the whole ground seems to be against you. You have to fight a lot harder; does anyone else find this or is it just me?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always struggled with the slope at Lord's tbh. Found the WACA very good though, great value for shots.:ph34r:

On a serious note, there are some grounds whcih are just graveyards. We have one out ht eback of Westmead hopsital, played on by two teams - good pitch, nice outfield, but we just can't seem to win there. Scored a few runs there, but as a team, it's been meh - no wins in about 4 years' playing there.

primey007

Cricket Spectator
I love batting and bowling on my own ground. Usually quite green so helps the seamers, but the track and outfield are superb in dry weather.

jonny1408

School Boy/Girl Captain
What club do you play for? And who has been your club pro in recent years?
Birstwith, don't have a club pro just a village club in yorkshire, we don't even hav an overseas player, mainly cos we dont need one cos we hav a great junior section.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Birstwith, don't have a club pro just a village club in yorkshire, we don't even hav an overseas player, mainly cos we dont need one cos we hav a great junior section.
Live near there tbh, don't ask about what club I play for, they are a bit of a laughing stock.

spunbowler

Cricket Spectator
hi johny 1408, i have played at pately bridge and studley royal , pately in the village cup, and studley a friendly, lovely ground by the way