• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soper and Clarke nominated

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Scyld Berry calls for a shake up at the ECB:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/08/19/sccomm119.xml
But will turkeys vote for Xmas? I don't think the counties want another outsider after MacLaurin (pity. Lord Morris would have been an interesting candidate) One point. Why do people think ex crickteters would run things better? Was it not a commitee of ex cricketers that came up with "super subs"? An idea so crap even the ICC realised it was a disaster and got rid of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Frankly, it doesn't really matter what their background. Ex-cricketers can do a sterling job; they can do a terrible one. So can those who've never picked-up a bat in their life.

One thing I'd say is that if Michael Atherton wasn't so OTT in revolutionisation he'd probably be a perfect man to head the ECB.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Would he want to though? If I were him I wouldn't give up my media work for a job that would get me criticized (had enough of that captaining England). And you're right Richard. He would not get elected anyway The TMG teams would vote for him but not the small counties who have had enough of change for now (I'm not saying they are right I'm just stating a fact).