• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Greatest left-arm fast bowler?

Davo vs. Wasim: who was better?

• Alan Davidson

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Wasim Akram

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • I can't separate them/I don't know/I don't care

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Days of Grace

International Captain
I guess it's consistency vs. the ability to once in a while produce an unplayable delivery.

Davo must have been bloody consistent because his average is basically down to a low E/R of 2.00.

Wasim, on the other hand, bowled some of the best balls I have ever seen. And, if I were to come back as a fast bowler, besides Holding, I would like to have Wasim's action. Wasim, however, despite producing those brilliant balls, still averaged three runs per wicket higher than Davo. Which makes me think he had his off days as well?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The strange thing is... he didn't, really. Wasim was a hugely consistent bowler, yet still managed to leave the impression that he could have done so much more (though his batting does in a way intrude on that).

Davidson, as I say, simply seems to me a vastly underrated bowler because he was unobtrusive. Rather like Ken Higgs at English domestic level.

archie mac

International Coach
I voted for Wasim, but from what I have read Davo was a great fast bowler and a very good batsman and fielder, but would be happy to have either bowler in my all time line up:)