• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baseball vs. Cricket

Days of Grace

International Captain
How far is it physically possible to hit a cricket ball, I wonder?

And, what can bit hit further? A baseball or a cricket ball?

pasag

RTDAS
Was watching the Boston v Chicago game last night, good sport tbh. Would definitley have been a big fan if I was American, I reckon.

adharcric

International Coach
Yeah, baseball and american football are both great sports that are hugely underrated at times.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Was watching the Boston v Chicago game last night, good sport tbh. Would definitley have been a big fan if I was American, I reckon.
You'd have loved it if you watched the 2005 World series. Chicago (WS) and the Houston Astros were pretty evenly matched and the games were all very exciting, despite the result being 4-0.

adharcric

International Coach
You'd have loved it if you watched the 2005 World series. Chicago (WS) and the Houston Astros were pretty evenly matched and the games were all very exciting, despite the result being 4-0.
Beltran was on the Astros back then, right? Had some amazing runs with the bat there.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I do find baseball rather boring t.b.h.

The ball dominates the bat too much. It's really a game of defensive rather then attack. Cricket is a much more attacking sport.

However, if I studied baseball more and identified with a team, then I think I would like it more.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
The ball dominates the bat too much. It's really a game of defensive rather then attack. Cricket is a much more attacking sport.
Depends on the conditions and the quality of pitchers/batting line-up. I've seen the bat dominate the ball just as many times as I've seen the ball dominate the bat.

Days of Grace

International Captain
But in baseball, bat dominating ball probably means 10 runs in 9 innings. In cricket, it means 500-600 runs. Much more action IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I do find baseball rather boring t.b.h.

However, if I studied baseball more and identified with a team, then I think I would like it more.
Nah, the bat is too overpowering in baseball now. The stadiums are too small, the bats are too good, and the players get warned just for pitching inside.

It's ridiculous TBH, and baseball does nothing because 'fans' want to see home runs. I enjoy cricket and American football more than baseball, but I still enjoy watching and following the sport.

Don't care much about being the 'bastard' sport or the like...it's about what you enjoy. No sport comes close to the sustained excitement and constant shifting of balance that you get from a good Test match though.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Meh i'd prefer Cricket over Baseball but if i could understand Baseball then it would make it more enjoyable.

It's the same as American Football being better/worse than rugby.