• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds speaks up for Murali

shehanwije

School Boy/Girl Captain
I thought the ban DL recieved was 'doing something about it' tbh

Agree...the punishment was sufficient and the publicity this generated hopefully made a good object lesson for any other would be imitators that this is just not acceptable.

The one that got away was when Mcgrath called Jayasuriya a "black XXXXXX" in the 95/96 B&H second ODI final in Sydney. I was at the ground and even from the boundary you could see Jayasuriya pretty shocked at what was going on - this was in the days of the Lankans being very "innocent". Thankfully they have grown tougher and can dish it out with the best now in retaliation.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree...the punishment was sufficient and the publicity this generated hopefully made a good object lesson for any other would be imitators that this is just not acceptable.

The one that got away was when Mcgrath called Jayasuriya a "black XXXXXX" in the 95/96 B&H second ODI final in Sydney. I was at the ground and even from the boundary you could see Jayasuriya pretty shocked at what was going on - this was in the days of the Lankans being very "innocent". Thankfully they have grown tougher and can dish it out with the best now in retaliation.
I don't think any team led by Arjuna Ranatunga can be thought of as "innocent". ;)