• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ambrose vs. Lillee in Tests. Who was better?

Ambrose vs. Lillee in Tests

• Curtley Ambrose

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Dennis Lillee

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • I can't decide. Bugger it!

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You do not come across as "Lillee Haters"...The object of this thread is Ambrose vs Lillee NOT whether one or the other is the best of ALL time....The posting s seem to have lost their way...( BTW The BEST of All time to my way of thinking was Keith Miller)
All good threads (as with all good conversations) evolve, though.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Imran rated Lillee the best fast bowler of his playing days.

Looking beyond the numbers and the type of deliveries, the fast bowler (aside from the capt, IMO), exerts an influence over the team. Aggression, determination, hard-work, never-say-die attitude, tough-as-nails, leader, adviser, team player...all of these immeasurables come into play.
If a fast bowler demonstrates such abilities, it permeates the rest of the team to reciprocate.....over another fastie who may have the greater talent.

DKL commanded greater respect from the peers of his time than Amby did of his.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't believe anyone can seriously even speak of the two in the same breath, TBH.

Ambrose did everything a seam-bowler could want to do. Lillee, whether he'd have been able to or not, didn't.

Ambrose's career trumps Lillee's easily.
Do not know enough about Lillee to comment, but I was taking a look at Ambrose's statistics and was quite astonished by his last two seasons. Ambrose took 36 wickets at 17.66 with an economy rate of 1.68 - quite superb.