• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fast Bowler 1992-2007

Who is the best fast bowler according to you?

• Total voters

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If a mod sees this: can you please delete the conversation I have had with Fiery? It could probably lead to the thread coming back on track. I will keep in mind not to respond to the troll next time.

Cheers.

archie mac

International Coach
A great list of fast bowlers that:-O

I voted for Ambrose, a very long career, and always seemed at the top of his form

Fiery

Banned
If a mod sees this: can you please delete the conversation I have had with Fiery? It could probably lead to the thread coming back on track. I will keep in mind not to respond to the troll next time.

Cheers.
:laugh:

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned

Cheers.
Pratyush: Stop taking things so seriously mate. Even though you've been completely wrong about Ian Bishop, I still respect your opinion...:)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fiery - not everyone is going to have the same opinion (obviously). There's no need to resort to insults when you don't agree with him.

Allan Donald and Curtley Ambrose were my two personal favourites during the 90s so I'd have to say one of those two. Both were fantastic bowlers to watch.

Perhaps if Shane Bond stayed fit, he'd be an option but he's injured too regularly :(

Fiery

Banned
Fiery - not everyone is going to have the same opinion (obviously). There's no need to resort to insults when you don't agree with him.

Allan Donald and Curtley Ambrose were my two personal favourites during the 90s so I'd have to say one of those two. Both were fantastic bowlers to watch.

Perhaps if Shane Bond stayed fit, he'd be an option but he's injured too regularly :(
Edited...if that's what you mean

pasag

RTDAS
McGrath for me, from what I've seen. Don't rate Bond at all here due to the fact he's only played 16 Tests.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Ambrose and McGrath in a league of their own....Donald third....Wasim fourth....daylight fifth....then the rest

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yep, and obviously the same directed to Pratyush too in the "troll" comment, just to be consistent.
Thanks for stepping in James. I don't agree that "troll" is quite the same as calling someone a "dick", but lets move on as you say... :)

I am a bit surprised that Donald hasn't got any votes till now.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ambrose and McGrath in a league of their own....Donald third....Wasim fourth....daylight fifth....then the rest
Shoaib Akhtar, I believe is a fifth place. Although his Test average is 25.30, his strike rate of 44.71 is second to very few bowlers who have played more than 20 Tests. In ODIs, the effect is similar with a strike rate of 30.17, going for under 5 runs per over, he is hardly expensive either. A very up and down bowler, many people in the world would pay to see the ups and the poor spells still come at an excess of 145kmph.