• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Javed Miandad Accepts Lawson Offer

Fusion

Global Moderator
I doubt anything would come off of this. Javed wants to be in charge. I don't see him serving as an assistant to Lawson. Incidently, the late Bob Woolmer also tried to approach Javed after he had slammed his appointment. We all know that didn't work out. As is tradition in Pakistan cricket, the former officials will always slam their successors. Sad really.

Bouncer

State Regular
I am all up for the idea that PCB should try to have atleast one of its cricketers(waqar or Aqib or shoaib mohammad or rashid latif) someone who has played cricket recently and not someone like Muddasar or Jaalal-Udeen or even even haroon rashid. so that in long run Pak has its own pool of people to chose from for coahing its teams. first advantage of having such person in Lawson's support staff is that this person is not only going to be able to coach Pak team in future but also before that time arrives this person can coach Pak A, U-19, U-15 etc etc.......I think Aqib Javed should be let stay with U-19. he has given Pak some good results with those teams ...and i do not think that staying at U-19 level will hurt Aqib Javed's experties and if only thing, when he is going to be able to come to point to coach Pak he will be in much better condition to coach Team Pak....so for right now Waqar, Rashid, or someone else can be the right people to be included in Lawson's Support staff....and not someone from Javed's generation....for example Javed, Muddasar, Haroon etc etc

I really hopes Javed denies this offer, if there is an offer coz all of it just coming from media and nothing official has been made yet....i dont want Team Pak coaching staff to get in situation where two people who both think are incharge, trying to run their show in their own resective ways....if javed accepts the offer then it will be very unlikely that Javed will listen to Lawson and chances are that Javed will try to throw some of his experties in and based on that there could be a conflict between two coaches and javed (or some other ex cricket, sitting outside) will try to make that as an issue and might even try to make a case that Lawson is not suited for the team as Boys are having trouble undertsanding him and BOYS want javed to be the only coach as they are able to understand him well......... etc BS ets