• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Inzi ever play for Pakistan again?

Will Inzi ever play test cricket again?

• Yes, his experience and batting skills are too valuable.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No, they need to move on.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I don't know.

• I don't care. I'm tired of all these barkin' polls!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Days of Grace

International Captain
He was not offered a central contract. One wonders if they will ever pick him again and risk his mere presence having a negative impact on the fresh captain.

So, what do you think? IMO, it is a bit of a shame that once again one of the best players in a cricketing country is not picked because of factors other than his batting/bowling skills.

Xuhaib

International Coach
There is a rumour that some senior players are not interested in having him in the team.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The poll options don't cater to my needs, I'm afraid. I don't think he'll play again, but he most certainly should, so I don't want to vote for "They need to move on."

I legitimately do not understand why he wasn't given a contract, though. As the cricinfo article explained, they said they wanted to go for youth - but they gave a contract to Misbah-ul-Haq for crying out loud, who hasn't played for Pakistan in three years and is 33.

I don't rate Inzy nearly as highly as a lot of people here do, but it seems like complete madness not to pick him in the test team. All indications to say they won't, though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The poll options don't cater to my needs, I'm afraid. I don't think he'll play again, but he most certainly should, so I don't want to vote for "They need to move on."

I legitimately do not understand why he wasn't given a contract, though. As the cricinfo article explained, they said they wanted to go for youth - but they gave a contract to Misbah-ul-Haq for crying out loud, who hasn't played for Pakistan in three years and is 33.

I don't rate Inzy nearly as highly as a lot of people here do, but it seems like complete madness not to pick him in the test team. All indications to say they won't, though.
They wanted a like for like replacement, so thats why they replaced an Ul-Haq with another Ul-Haq.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Anything to do with the Woolmer affair?
Not really, everyone knows now that Woolmer had a natural death and that issue is as good as over now.

Quite a lot of people believe that Inzi had turned in to a dictator in the latter half of his captaincy period he is also blamed for Ovalgate and there is a thinking that if he stays in the team then he will undermine Shoaib Mailk authority.

Days of Grace

International Captain
"and there is a thinking that if he stays in the team then he will undermine Shoaib Mailk authority."

Aye, that's the issue right there me thinks.

haroon510

International 12th Man
it would be dreadful and horrible move to leave inzi behind.. inzi averaged over fifty in his latest years as captain and batsman in test cricket. with preasure of being captain he was doing this good.. here is his record as a captain
31 test matches with average of 52.10 with 7 centuries and 14 half centuries..

he could play much better now that he won't be playing as a captain in the team

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
well, i suppose there's precedence of leaving your best player out of the team for other then cricketing reasons?

it's a crying shame.

Fiery

Banned
Well not enough evidance was available so it means we have to believe that he died a natural death which I hope is the case.
There seemed to be plenty of evidence at one point in the investigation, which I'm suggesting could have been brushed under the carpet

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geoff Lawson is smart and tough - he'll get Inzy back into the team unless his mere presence is too unstabilizing on the other mental midgets

Fiery

Banned
Geoff Lawson is smart and tough - he'll get Inzy back into the team unless his mere presence is too unstabilizing on the other mental midgets
Yeah, he should have been selected and told to keep any personal issues with other players under the lid. Let's hope Lawson can work that somehow

Xuhaib

International Coach
The thing that pleases me the most is that Gul and Asif are getting Lawson at such an important stage of their careers, hope they benefit from him.