• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will he do it?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Wasim Akram has 490 ODI wickets.

Potentially he may only have 6 matches left till he retires. Will he get the necessary wickets or won't he?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Gotchya
He might not even retire ;)
He's stated that he will probably

Anyway what is really surprising me is that he keeps taking OD Matches off...I see it that he doesn't really want 500 Wickets, although I sure as hell would!

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
I know that einstein ;) :P unpredictibility of the Pakistani's in well known so u never know....that was a joke anyway..

He was the first one to get to 400 so he must be hopeful og getting to that 500 figure to make it a landmark, a symbol of the achievements of this great pace bowler.......

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I know that einstein ;) :P unpredictibility of the Pakistani's in well known so u never know....that was a joke anyway..

He was the first one to get to 400 so he must be hopeful og getting to that 500 figure to make it a landmark, a symbol of the achievements of this great pace bowler.......
Yeah but just taking matches off as he pleases shows that either he's super confident he'll get the Wickets in the WC or he just doesn't care...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Its the latter most probably.
If I had the chance to be the 1st bowler to get 500 ODI Wickets...I'd bloody care

basil

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well Mark always had doubts over Akram getting 500 wkts in ODI.I can safely say that if Akram do play all the 6 WC matches then he will surely get the ten wkts to reach the 500 mark!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
basil said:
Well Mark always had doubts over Akram getting 500 wkts in ODI.I can safely say that if Akram do play all the 6 WC matches then he will surely get the ten wkts to reach the 500 mark!
But will he? 10 wickets in 6 matches isn't the easiest, and there's the added complication that against the 2 real minnows in the group, they may rest him...

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Wasim Akram is a true great whether he gets to 500 ODI wkts or not, well at least IMO, coz some people don't even want to say he is great. Hope he does it though to cap off what really is one of the greatest careers ever.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
True. But as a fan you would like him to get there. He is a great though R_P. He is up there in the very best. A Legend....

Choora

State Regular
marc71178 said:
But will he? 10 wickets in 6 matches isn't the easiest, and there's the added complication that against the 2 real minnows in the group, they may rest him...

Well that would be a worst case scenario, in which Pak won't qualify for super six (and a team like England does) and Akram is made 2 sit out in matches against teams like Namibia and so.Personally i don't think things will go like this, and even if it does, Akram might still get the ten wkts in 4 matches!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But it's all possible for sure - seeing Wasim miss a couple of games now suggests he may not be asked to play them all, and for me the 2nd a 3rd spots are definitely up for grabs in that pool...