Fiery 7,000
    alternative 6,000
    nibbs 6,000
    open365 3,000
    Graham 2,000
    HeathDavisSpeed 1,000
    Raghav 1,000

The CW Awards Team

Prince EWS (Milestones & Jimmy Adams & Agarkar/Mohammed)
    Richard (Sir Geoffrey & Inzamam & Saj & Sobers)
    adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
    oz_fan (Tony Greig & Marsh/Lillee)
    Archie (Warne & Rana/Gatting & Bradman)
    HeathDavisSpeed (FIAB)
    Fiery (Skull)

Come on there must be someone who wants to be a judge?

All awards nominations from members to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net

Best of The Best

Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Prince EWS for this click here , very close with the Prince just taking the Afridi. Special mention to sohummisra for this:Muttiah Muralitharan gets 605 Test wickets

Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is short shorts for this click here , an original idea hope it takes off

The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Xuhaib click here You could always just make them up

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Prince EWS back on the boil after a quiet month or so

Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: NZTailender for this click here , You heard it here first, no Marsh/Lillee

Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Raghav click here due almost entirely to the smiley

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: silentstriker Boycs - a miracle may have happened... silentstriker... yes, and he fully deserves it, too

The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: no award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least they’re trying' award)
    just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Richard Richard for his repeated insistence that test records were debatable, in the Murali thread.

The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is:
    JBMAC promising poster with a strong knowledge of cricket history

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: no awards this week

Saj Award for best rant of the week ((following Saj's outburst after the 3rd Test, and no Saj, we don't know what you were doing out there either, it's a sad indictment on the quality of our reserves:: And the Winner is: Perm for this click here , a beauty, haven't had anything this good for AGES.

Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week) they took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week) After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen. And the Winner is: Richard for this click here , two awards for Richard this week

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: Xuhaib for this click here , Though involved in a discussion regarding padding in the general thigh area, a discussion of the size of Carl Hooper's thighs was surely taking the thread off on a slightly perverse tangent.

The Martin Bicknell Award (a poster making a comeback after a massive gap). And the Winner is: Somerset back on the Trivia threads, hope he stays around

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management
    Last edited by archie mac; 16-07-2007 at 08:00 PM.
    You know it makes sense.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Dire. I should have won them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week) Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?" And the Winner is: Turbanator for this click here , Though involved in a discussion regarding padding in the general thigh area, a discussion of the size of Carl Hooper's thighs was surely taking the thread off on a slightly perverse tangent.
    Man as mad as I was that you spelt my username wrong , I was happy at the same time to see that I had won another award. Until I clicked on the link ........................ .

EDIT: Oh and Raghav won the Inzi not Fraz ...
    Last edited by Turbinator; 16-07-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Mahjong Champion! 3 Card Poker Champion!
    Thank You
    Keep Your Feet on The Ground,Keep Reaching for The Stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Man as mad as I was that you spelt my username wrong , I was happy at the same time to see that I had won another award. Until I clicked on the link ........................ .

EDIT: Oh and Raghav won the Inzi not Fraz ...
    Well spotted fixed now

Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    Thank You
    Well deserved mate even though you called me Richard

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Man as mad as I was that you spelt my username wrong
    Maybe you spell your username wrong. You can think about that one over lunch.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    The Pingu post deserved a mention i feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Maybe you spell your username wrong. You can think about that one over lunch.
    I spelt it like that on purpose ya' know .

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    It was the funniest post. Easily. Also the post which won in it's place was not remotely funny. The person who gave it the award should step down from the panel on moral grounds.
    Last edited by Pratters; 16-07-2007 at 09:50 PM.

Haha, Fiery only joined a few weeks ago. Take it easy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    It was the funniest post. Easily. Also the post which won in it's place was not remotely funny. The person who gave it the award should step down from the panel on moral grounds.
    Well if you had nominated it, it may have won. Anyway I'm happy with my decision. It made me laugh the most and I'm the judge....so there

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Even if you over looked it or Richard openly saying it should win the award (which is like an open nomination), surely the post you selected couldn't have been the second funniest? The Skull is a prestigious award, hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
    Even if you over looked it or Richard openly saying it should win the award (which is like an open nomination), surely the post you selected couldn't have been the second funniest? The Skull is a prestigious award, hey.
    I don't get it, if you must know. It's a bloody children's TV character saying "Whaaa Whoo".

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Doesn't know who Pingu is ffs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information