• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Revised LG ICC Test Championship Table

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get what the fuss is about though. I mean didn't all the scheduling happen before these changes were made to the ICC Test Table. Before this, India and Pakistan both were higher ranked than Sri Lanka for quite a long time. These changes were made recently.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I never said i was surprised i just think its a joke that the amount of matches that are scheduled are based on who bring more money then who is more competitive and more likely to push them over 4 or 5 Tests. I just think Test Cricket should be about the competition and game, not about the money. Thats what One Day Cricket is for. If you get good even cricket you will get sell out crowds. Surely the good cricket brings the crowds not the name of a side or a couple high profiled players. Fans in Australia have been crying for some good even cricket and they prefer to play more Test against worse performing sides.
Again, its not just about the crowds. It's about the television revenues. Countries like Sri Lanka rely on India to keep them out of bankruptcy.

I am all for standardizing the tours, making them all four or five matches (except things like the Ashes, which should stay five). But the boards are not only responsible for the international game, they have hundreds of cricketers playing at the lower levels, and you need money to support the infrastructure, pay and other costs at that level (as domestic cricket is rarely, if ever, profitable).

You can't just think of the top 11...there are hundreds of cricketers and thousands of people that are needed to make a successful international team. If I were running the board, I'd do everything in my power to make sure that base is strong and if that means scheduling a few more games against one country compared to another, so be it.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't get what the fuss is about though. I mean didn't all the scheduling happen before these changes were made to the ICC Test Table. Before this, India and Pakistan both were higher ranked than Sri Lanka for quite a long time. These changes were made recently.
Dead right. And incidentally India could actually go to no.2 themselves if they win the series in England 3-0, unlikely as it may be.

Then again, they could also fall as low as 7th if they lose badly enough... :ph34r: