• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yet another Aussie coach?

archie mac

International Coach
Insult to Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson ITBT.
Not a soccer person so would not want to offend anyone, but give me as much money to spend as I want, give me some of the best players in the world and I still think I would win more than I would lose. Give Ferguson a third division side and show me how many FA cups he would have after ten years 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The point is, give him a third-division side and it's very possible they'd not be a third-division side for long.

archie mac

International Coach
The point is, give him a third-division side and it's very possible they'd not be a third-division side for long.
No that is not the point, he may well turn them into a 2nd div team(because he is a very good manager), but still he would not win the FA cup, because he does not have the cattle. and that is the point I am trying to make, nothing against Sir Ferguie:)

Another example would be Dennis Pagan who coached the Kangaroos (Aussie Rules) to two Flags, but when he changed to a weaker team in Carlton he has not be able to make the finals on any occasion

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a soccer person so would not want to offend anyone, but give me as much money to spend as I want, give me some of the best players in the world and I still think I would win more than I would lose. Give Ferguson a third division side and show me how many FA cups he would have after ten years 8-)
Well he also did the unthinkable and broke the Old Firm dominance in Scotland by taking Aberdeen to 3 Championships and 4 Scottish Cups (as well as a European Cup Winners Cup) in the space of 6 years.

The man's a God. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No that is not the point, he may well turn them into a 2nd div team(because he is a very good manager), but still he would not win the FA cup, because he does not have the cattle. and that is the point I am trying to make, nothing against Sir Ferguie:)
He might not win the FA Cup in his 1st season but he might in his 10th.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well he also did the unthinkable and broke the Old Firm dominance in Scotland by taking Aberdeen to 3 Championships and 4 Scottish Cups (as well as a European Cup Winners Cup) in the space of 6 years.

The man's a God. :)
That he did. But this threads not about the greatness of Fergie. As was stated he's not up on the sport so cut him some slack.