• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are Sri lanka capable of winning their next two test series ?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Obvious they have more chance of defeating England at home. But given that England have a top-class wicket-taking spinner this time around and a more solid all-round batting line-up than previous tour to Sri Lanka, chances of England pulling off an upset are good.

The Australian tour on the other hand potentially can be close, given that the legends have retired in the bowling attack for the aussies. But the batting line-up still remains very formidable which is good enough given that Vaas & Murali don't have that fantastic records in Australia.

Also in the past SRI's classy batsmen have had problems on bouncy tracks againts fast bowlers. So i expect once fit the impact of Lee & Tait to be a significant factor in that series.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am expecting SL batsman to do much better than their previous tours in Australia. The batting is stronger than ever before, and SL bowling definitely on par with this Aussie line up or even a Tad stronger than Australia. So the rea match is between the Australian batsman and the Sri Lankan bowlers, IMO.

I am expecting nothing short of Green tops (to nullify Murali) and they will fall into their own traps when SL insert them and Vaas, Malinga and Dilhara have fun...possibly a quiet tour for Murali apart from getting 709.That's my prediction...

Any photo opportunity for John Howard and Murali shaking hands and making up, or will the Cricket Tragic be so parochial that he cannot make up with the Great Spinner ?

Lostman

State Captain
Dilhara have fun...
:laugh:
four months of being decent doesnt cover up for a career being nothing short of garbage.
Fernando is Sri Lanka's version of Harmison, a couple of good games and a majority of SL fans are going overboard with his pace, bounce blah blah.

Fiery

Banned
I spent a while over in Australia over the Christmas period - December through to January. Tried to watch as much cricket as I could. Even watched a grade game or two whilst over there. Good times.

The missus spent most of her time shopping, mind... So whatever I did had to be comparatively cheaper! Other than watching the Ashes test at Melbourne, which we all enjoyed - obviously!
OK, I hope you sledged them like a good kiwi

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
TBF if he gets it right then he certainly can be handful
You could say that about most bowlers though. I'd be highly surprised if he troubled the Australian batting lineup really. I'm quite confident he wouldn't even make any of the first class sides here.

Xuhaib

International Coach
You could say that about most bowlers though. I'd be highly surprised if he troubled the Australian batting lineup really. I'm quite confident he wouldn't even make any of the first class sides here.
Better then Bichal, Brad Williams and Bracken (tests) IMO.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Brad Williams doesn't make first class teams anymore. There's also the fact that I DWTA.
How many guys in Aus first class comp can bowl 90+ with decent bounce, seam and swing, sure he can be inconsistent but still he's got better basic ingrediants then 90% of the bowlers in international cricket leave alone first class cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How many guys in Aus first class comp can bowl 90+ with decent bounce, seam and swing, sure he can be inconsistent but still he's got better basic ingrediants then 90% of the bowlers in international cricket leave alone first class cricket.
Most of them at certain stages, actually. There are even guys in Grade cricket who bowl rather quickly with movement but simply don't get selected because they either can't bowl to a plan or have the accuracy of a dizzy Ray Charles - Fernando fits both of those categories.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Most of them at certain stages, actually. There are even guys in Grade cricket who bowl rather quickly with movement but simply don't get selected because they either can't bowl to a plan or have the accuracy of a dizzy Ray Charles - Fernando fits both of those categories.
:laugh: :laugh:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well anyway I think if the Brett Dory's and Mick Lewis of this world can wear the green-gold jersey then I am pretty sure Dilhara is good enough to do the same.

Fiery

Banned
Nah... To be honest, I just got drunk. Had a good sledge at the Poms though. They were **** at the MCG.
On ya...poms are always so much easier to sledge... they usually can't defend themselves by using the old oldage "I'll do my talking on the field". It invariably fails :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well anyway I think if the Brett Dory's and Mick Lewis of this world can wear the green-gold jersey then I am pretty sure Dilhara is good enough to do the same.
Dorey was only good for one season - he doesn't always get selected for WA anymore. Surprise surprise, Mick Lewis was dropped from Victoria's side last year as well. Dorey just lacked a bit of pace really - he was accurate and got movement. Lewis - never understood the fuss and I thought it was a disgrace when he got picked for Australia, but I'd still probably take him ahead of Fernando.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Dorey was only good for one season - he doesn't always get selected for WA anymore. Surprise surprise, Mick Lewis was dropped from Victoria's side last year as well. Dorey just lacked a bit of pace really - he was accurate and got movement. Lewis - never understood the fuss and I thought it was a disgrace when he got picked for Australia, but I'd still probably take him ahead of Fernando.
:wacko: