Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 183

Thread: Your Country's Alltime XI

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    1,355

    Your Country's Alltime XI

    I'll do it for both Pakistan & India as I follow their cricket regularly.

    Pakistan:

    Saeed Anwar
    Hanif Muhammad
    Zaheer Abbas
    Javed Miandad
    Inzamam-ul-Haq
    Saleem Malik
    *Imran Khan
    +Rashid Latif
    Wasim Akram
    Saqlain Mushtaq
    Waqar Younis

    India:
    Sunil Gavaskar
    Vinoo Munkad
    Vijay Hazare
    Sachin Tendulkar
    *Muhammad Azharuddin
    Kapil Dev
    +Syed Kirmani
    Anil Kumble
    Javegal Srinath
    B.Chanershekhar
    Venkatesh Prasad

    Didn't pick Merchent,Nissar & Amar Singh because they didn't play much test cricket.

  2. #2
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Aussie Team (if I pick one tomorrow it would change quite a bit)

    Victor Trumper
    Bill Ponsford
    Don Bradman
    Greg Chappell
    Mark Waugh (so I can watch him bat at his peak again)
    Clem Hill
    Keith Miller
    Adam Gilchrist
    Dennis Lillee
    Bill O'Reilly
    Fred Spofforth
    You know it makes sense.

  3. #3
    International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Takasaki, Japan
    Posts
    4,494
    Prasad for an all-time Indian XI?? Surely, you're having a barkin larf there...

    New Zealand
    1. Turner
    2. Sutcliffe
    3. Fleming
    4. Crowe
    5. Donelly
    6. Astle
    7. Cairns
    8. McCullum
    9. Hadlee
    10. Vettori
    11. Bond
    11.

  4. #4
    State Vice-Captain JBMAC's Avatar
    Mahjong Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qld/Australia
    Posts
    1,331
    AUSTRALIAN SIDE OF THE CENTURY
    (In Batting Order)
    Bill Ponsford
    Arthur Morris
    Don Bradman[Captain]
    Greg Chappell
    Neil Harvey
    Keith Miller[Vice Captain]
    Ian Healy[Keeper]
    Ray Lindwall
    Shane Warne
    Dennis Lillee
    Bill O'Reilly
    Allan Border[12th Man]

    Find myself in the same predicament as Archi Mac...Could select another entirely different side tomorrow with a few exceptions
    Keep Your Feet on The Ground,Keep Reaching for The Stars!


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    AUSTRALIAN SIDE OF THE CENTURY
    (In Batting Order)
    Bill Ponsford
    Arthur Morris
    Don Bradman[Captain]
    Greg Chappell
    Neil Harvey
    Keith Miller[Vice Captain]
    Ian Healy[Keeper]
    Ray Lindwall
    Shane Warne
    Dennis Lillee
    Bill O'Reilly
    Allan Border[12th Man]

    Find myself in the same predicament as Archi Mac...Could select another entirely different side tomorrow with a few exceptions
    I quite like that side, was just a bit disappointed that no one from the first 50 years of Aussie Test cricket was considered good enough

  6. #6
    State Vice-Captain JBMAC's Avatar
    Mahjong Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qld/Australia
    Posts
    1,331
    TEAM !(in Batting Order)
    Bob Simpson[Captain]
    Kepler Wessels
    Ricky Ponting
    Doug Walters
    Steve Waugh
    Norm O'Neill
    Ian Healy[keeper]
    Allan Davidson
    Dennis Lillee
    Shane Warne
    Ray Lindwall


    TEAM 2(in Batting Order)
    Ian Redpath
    Mark Taylor
    Kim Hughes
    Neil Harvey
    Mark Waugh
    Allan Border
    Wally Grout[keeper]
    Graham MacKenzie
    Jeff Thompson
    Ritchie Benaud[Captain]
    Bob Massey

    Both Teams would be fairly evenly matched.Maybe "the warne factor" could make the difference but I have seen Benaud do the same thing.

    Bloody Hell Archie Mac...Here is another two that could give any of them a run for their money.I even took the liberty of NOT naming Bradman for the hell of it.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Prasad for an all-time Indian XI?? Surely, you're having a barkin larf there...

    New Zealand
    1. Turner
    2. Sutcliffe
    3. Fleming
    4. Crowe
    5. Donelly
    6. Astle
    7. Cairns
    8. McCullum
    9. Hadlee
    10. Vettori
    11. Bond
    11.

    Good team but it might be a bowler short so would have Jack Cowie instead of Fleming and I would also have John R. Reid before Astle I think

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by JBMAC View Post
    TEAM !(in Batting Order)
    Bob Simpson[Captain]
    Kepler Wessels
    Ricky Ponting
    Doug Walters
    Steve Waugh
    Norm O'Neill
    Ian Healy[keeper]
    Allan Davidson
    Dennis Lillee
    Shane Warne
    Ray Lindwall


    TEAM 2(in Batting Order)
    Ian Redpath
    Mark Taylor
    Kim Hughes
    Neil Harvey
    Mark Waugh
    Allan Border
    Wally Grout[keeper]
    Graham MacKenzie
    Jeff Thompson
    Ritchie Benaud[Captain]
    Bob Massey

    Both Teams would be fairly evenly matched.Maybe "the warne factor" could make the difference but I have seen Benaud do the same thing.

    Bloody Hell Archie Mac...Here is another two that could give any of them a run for their money.I even took the liberty of NOT naming Bradman for the hell of it.
    Kepler Wessels in an all-time team? Surely there are better options than him, e.g Hayden or Langer for starters

  9. #9
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Kepler Wessels in an all-time team? Surely there are better options than him, e.g Hayden or Langer for starters
    He was a gutsy player, and I always rated him. Was handy with his fists as well so be careful Fiery

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    He was a gutsy player, and I always rated him. Was handy with his fists as well so be careful Fiery
    Isn't Langer as well?

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Isn't Langer as well?
    Karate black belt I think

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    Karate black belt I think
    I always rated Wessels too but not highly enough to be in an all-time Aus XI tbh when there so many other great Australian openers

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I always rated Wessels too but not highly enough to be in an all-time Aus XI tbh when there so many other great Australian openers
    True, but our friend who picked him is a Queenslander

    I was thinking we should try and pick an all time 11 that you would not want to meet in a dark alley

    Kepler, Justin, and I know Bill Alley was a fine boxer. Also JWHT Douglas won a gold medal for boxing, although his father was the Ref

    Any more?

  14. #14
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    23,853
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    True, but our friend who picked him is a Queenslander

    I was thinking we should try and pick an all time 11 that you would not want to meet in a dark alley

    Kepler, Justin, and I know Bill Alley was a fine boxer. Also JWHT Douglas won a gold medal for boxing, although his father was the Ref

    Any more?
    Theres been a thread with pretty much that exact title tbh. Will try and find it.

    Edit: There we go
    Last edited by andyc; 14-07-2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

  15. #15
    International Regular 1-9-7-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland bois
    Posts
    3,501
    Ireland

    Trent Johnston
    Andre Botha
    Jeremy Bray
    Kenneth Carroll
    Peter Gillespie
    David Langford-Smith
    Kyle McCallan
    John Mooney
    Paul Mooney
    Eoin Morgan
    Kevin O'Brien
    Niall O'Brien
    William Porterfield
    Boyd Rankin
    Andrew White








    Yes I just posted the world cup squad.
    A Free Lesson On Growing Up
    Make The Best Of Their Worst
    And Never Compromise On Anything That You Think Is Right

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which team's alltime XI is best?
    By Matt79 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 616
    Last Post: 29-08-2007, 06:44 AM
  2. Your country's all time ODI and test teams?
    By Flem274* in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 06:44 AM
  3. Your country's current best test side
    By Armadillo in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 18-01-2006, 01:36 PM
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 20-08-2005, 11:07 AM
  5. Alltime Australia XI
    By C_C in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 21-01-2005, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •