• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England an Option - Saqlain

open365

International Vice-Captain
With Richard here, it's very hard to make youself stand out as a fingerspinner, imo it's like

Panesar> Everyone else who doesn't really matter because they'll fail at international level anyway

haroon510

International 12th Man
What the ****? A guy says to a bowler " I'm going to hit you for six" in a FC game, thats as disrespectful as it gets. I don't care if the batsman is Bradman and the bowler some no hoper. Its just not done. Once you've shown yourself to be as arrogant as that, you lose any moral ground on whatever happens therafter. I suppose next you'll be defending Amir Sohail for his "I'm going to hit you for four in that direction" to Prasad. Jeez, what a coward, that Prasad! 8-)
we have to see it in terms of who started it first.. consider the attitude of seesarnth i am handred percent sure that he started it based on his attitude that i have seen in the field during the matches.. this would be proven if u watch Seesranth's matches.. in most of them u see him starting these types of incidents..

as far as saqi goes he has been the type of charactor that u don't expect these kind of incidents from him..
i never defended sohail what he did to parsad but i wana add this that if a bowler or batsman does anything like this in the field and backs it up with a good performance then there is nothing wrong with it as long as they have respect and sportman ship for each other and thier competations should stay in the game and in the ground.

i think the problem with seesranth is that he lacks sportman ship and charactor.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i think the problem with seesranth is that he lacks sportman ship and charactor.
Sreesanth certainly does not lack character, not too sure one the sportsmanship front but he has always seemed like a guy that will try his heart out on the field, but a fairly nice guy off it. I do imagine he is that way, as are most aggressive players, Andre Nel for example. They both behave in the same manner, pumped up and wanting to perform, but you'd hardly say that Nel lacks character.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Sreesanth certainly does not lack character, not too sure one the sportsmanship front but he has always seemed like a guy that will try his heart out on the field, but a fairly nice guy off it. I do imagine he is that way, as are most aggressive players, Andre Nel for example. They both behave in the same manner, pumped up and wanting to perform, but you'd hardly say that Nel lacks character.
i wish i would agree with u and he was what u r describing..

maybe this is also called " trying his heart out on the field" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXnk...elated&search=

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'm quite perplexed by Saqlains demise, I know injuries have played a part but I certainly think he coulda been handled better and shown a bit more faith in his abilities.
I remember at one stage (about 1999) people talked of him being just about as good as Murali, and interestingly he actually has the most impressive test record of any Pakistani spinner (over 200 test wickets at an average under 30, better economy, strike rate and average than Kaneria , Mushtaq Ahmed or even Abdul Quadir), and his one-day record is even better.

I know things are really stacked against finger-spinners in the modern game but I considered him a world-class performer and he still looked a very good bowler in that series against Australia at Sharaj in 2002.

As for the prospect of England using him...I do think it cheapens things a little, its not asthough he was born over there and moved here as a little kiddie (Hussain, Strauss, etc) or even got fed up with things back home when he started as a pro and decided he wanted to play for England ala Pieterson. It would be pure oppurtunism if he were to play. He was a regular in the Pakistani side for more than 5 years and I think he's Pakistani through and through to have him switching colours just wouldnt feel right It'd be like Damien Martyn playing for South Africa.
It is a touch ironic though that for a decade England had nothing in the way of quality slow bowlers and were forced to give games to rolly-polly trundlers who were hardly ever match-winners at county level let-alone a threat in tests, and suddenly they have an excellent 25 year old who is taking the world by storm and the prospect of a classy, seasoned support act with 200+ test wickets to his name already, never rains but it pours.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
MSP's hardly taking The World by storm, TBH. Nothing he's done to date hasn't been done before, it's just he's done it before getting the "defensive bowler" stereotype so people, inevitably, get more excited.

R_D

International Debutant
off course he doens't have the right to be that aggrassive to abuse and insult someone considering that he hasn't live up to that performance.. i mean if guys like shane bond, malinga, asif, bret lee, shaoib or pollock do what sreesanth is doing, it doesn't look bad as much as sreesanth is doing it.. simply because he isn't on that level to do this and his performance hasn't been the prove of his atitude.. i mean common u see this guy who has the ability of a club in bowling department and insulting, disrespecting and abusing guys like Ricky pointing, inzi and soo on who are the legends in thier departments.. just proves him low life and a person who lacks respect for elders..

i personally find him really coward and the type of loud mouth who does less and talk more.... here is the prove of what i am saying here..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cq8-ZkfcJiM

it is kind of funny too.. he says something to inzi but when inzi comes in to confront him he runs a way..
a good way to insult ur self by doing this and show the world how coward are u

here is another this is just a disgrace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXnkbrgQMw&mode=related&search=

i mean what the hell no respect, no sportman ship what so ever.
Wonder what you think of Afridi's than... imho one of the biggest unsporting person in whole of cricketing world.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Wonder what you think of Afridi's than... imho one of the biggest unsporting person in whole of cricketing world.
he doesn't do it in every match like seesranth.. with time he has become more respectful and with maners.. he has gain maturity.. that is what seesranth lacks..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
he doesn't do it in every match like seesranth.. with time he has become more respectful and with maners.. he has gain maturity.. that is what seesranth lacks..
He does it every match against India and his behaviour during Pakistan's tour of India in 2005 is one of the worst ever by a visiting sportsman, AFAIC.