• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England an Option - Saqlain

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
When have I said it's always avoidable? Just that I'm always keen to avoid it wherever possible. And especially when it's just change for change's sake, I hate that like I hate little else.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not that he is ready yet for Tests, but I want to see Adil Rashid against India. Good players of spin...should test him.

short shorts

School Boy/Girl Captain
Think that was something to do with the fact that Saqlain stood his ground as the ball didn't actually hit the glove and shouldn't have been given out.

Anyway, not like riling Sreesanth is unusual.
It actually had to do with the fact that Saqlain didn't think Sreesanth had a right to be aggressive.

Saq: "I'm going to hit you for a six"

Sree: "Aap din mein sapne dekh rahe hain" (You are daydreaming)

Saq: "Who do you think you are, Shoaib Akhtar?"

Then Sreesanth dismisses him and does his little dance.

I'm a huge fan of Sreesanth's attitude. Everytime someone winds him up (like Nel did in South Africa), he manages to get his own back with a little extra to rub it in.

Craig

World Traveller
It actually had to do with the fact that Saqlain didn't think Sreesanth had a right to be aggressive.

I'm a huge fan of Sreesanth's attitude. Everytime someone winds him up (like Nel did in South Africa), he manages to get his own back with a little extra to rub it in.
Would be interesting then when Ricky Ponting starts to flay him to all parts of a cricket ground.

haroon510

International 12th Man

off course he doens't have the right to be that aggrassive to abuse and insult someone considering that he hasn't live up to that performance.. i mean if guys like shane bond, malinga, asif, bret lee, shaoib or pollock do what sreesanth is doing, it doesn't look bad as much as sreesanth is doing it.. simply because he isn't on that level to do this and his performance hasn't been the prove of his atitude.. i mean common u see this guy who has the ability of a club in bowling department and insulting, disrespecting and abusing guys like Ricky pointing, inzi and soo on who are the legends in thier departments.. just proves him low life and a person who lacks respect for elders..

i personally find him really coward and the type of loud mouth who does less and talk more.... here is the prove of what i am saying here..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cq8-ZkfcJiM

it is kind of funny too.. he says something to inzi but when inzi comes in to confront him he runs a way..
a good way to insult ur self by doing this and show the world how coward are u

here is another this is just a disgrace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgXnkbrgQMw&mode=related&search=

i mean what the hell no respect, no sportman ship what so ever.

Last edited:

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Wouldn't like to see Saqlain play for England - to my mind, you can only belong to one country. Saqlain has played for Pakistan (and it's not like he's only played the odd ODI either) and that makes him very firmly a Pakistani IMO, regardless of where he lives and plays cricket.

Can't see it happening though. It would be a huge step backwards, even by English standards. Monty and Rashid are the way forward.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Not that much, but I'd imagine he'd still me far more effective than the likes of Keedy, Batty, Dawson, Middlebrook etc.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Batty and Dawson maybe, but his recent deeds seem to me to place him at the lowly Keedy, Middlebrook level, TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How much bowling has Saqlain been doing for anyone in 4-day cricket of late?

(Honestly not sure about that one)