• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My partner isn't pregnant but she still enjoys thinking up baby names. We've settled on a boy name but for a girl name I've decided to make it cricket related - Grace and Lily (Lillee) are currently up there. For some reason she's not a fan of Siddle. :)

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My partner isn't pregnant but she still enjoys thinking up baby names. We've settled on a boy name but for a girl name I've decided to make it cricket related - Grace and Lily (Lillee) are currently up there. For some reason she's not a fan of Siddle. :)
Couldn't name it Siddle unless your family history is 100% free of heart disease.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
When you hold any roundish fruit whether its an apple, orange or mango the way you grip a cricket ball
When you try to copy Azhar Mahmood's batting stance on your own
When you compete with your friends on how many bowlers's bowling actions you can copy - Pollock, Akram, Waqar, Akhtar, McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh, Klusener, Khan, Warne, Saqlain, Murali, Agarkar, Srinath
When you have passionate and heated debates with your friends on team selection before the match against India
When you see a long alleyway, you have to run in and bowl
When randomly start a cricket commentary 'superp shot that one, pitched fractionally short and Ponting was onto it in a flash' without there being any cricket match going on
When you sit with your friends and start imitating different cricket commentators - Ranjit Fernando, Alan Wilkins, Ravi Shastri
When you remember cricket players like Dodda Ganesh, Martin Love, Ali Naqvi, Connor Williams, Morshed Ali Khan..when you remember that Morshed Ali Khan's first international wicket was Ganguly c and b in 98 in India when India were chasing.
When you randomly remember Brian Lara getting caught at mid on against Donald in West Indies 0-10 defeat against South Africa in 98
When you remember Ponting from when he used to have a beard
When you used to host your own cricket tournaments by hitting the ball against the wall and playing it, then keeping detailed scorecards.
When your friend tests your knowledge of cricket by impersonating different batting stances and asking you to guess the batsman.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When you go to a family reunion on acreage to discover that the owner of the property has got the heavy roller out and is rolling a pitch out the back while his son ropes off the boundary.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
But did people ruin the game by throwing stuff?
Yeah I would be inclined to agree with that..throwing has never added anything to the game..whether done by fielders or spectators..
With fielders - Always felt run out was taking the piss a little bit..you haven't really outfoxed the batsman with the delivery..I think throwing from inside the circle should be banned totally..if the ball came to you, you return it to the WK or bowler by rolling it along the ground, Trevor Chappell style...now its innovations like that which really add to the game.
With spectators - these hooligans should be permanently banned from entering the grounds..besides the obvious danger that you might hit a player, you cause unnecessary disruption and give a bad name to the locals in general e.g Eden Gardens Kolkata.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
When your friend sends you a text message saying "i think i need to go to the drs" and you instinctively respond, "why do you think you were struck outside the line?"

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
When you carry around a pocket version of MCC "Laws of Cricket" even though there's neither a cricket match nor a cricket fan within 50 miles of you.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
when you're listening to Test Match Special and look forward to "Blowers" detailing what types of cakes he has had sent it to him that day or what types of pidgeons/birds are on the outfield...:ph34r: