• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, she was waiting in the car I told her on the phone I'll be right out. Kumble was on 93*. I took my time 'putting my clothes on' even though I was ready before she got there. Later I told her what really happened and that I could always see her but Kumble will never make a century again. She just laughed.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha, she was waiting in the car I told her on the phone I'll be right out. Kumble was on 93*. I took my time 'putting my clothes on' even though I was ready before she got there. Later I told her what really happened and that I could always see her but Kumble will never make a century again. She just laughed.
She's a keeper, that one.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
You Know you are obsessed with cricket when you watch baseball, and start thinking where Mid-on and Mid-off should be, and also notice how the fast bowler doesnt have a slip in place.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
When you have mini cricket matches behind the bar you work part time at, using a screwed up piece of paper and a plastic bottle.

Stupid and Obsessive:

Obsessive: When every time someone phones you start practising your bowling with your free hand. Stupid: You have managed to smash the light bulb doing this 5 times in the last couple of months.

Edit

Not smash exactly just hitting the shade hard enough for the bulb to stop working.

stumpski

International Captain
I don't know about obsessive, but I did force myself out of bed at 4.30 am on a winter morning a couple of years ago to see if India's openers could beat the world record Test opening partnership (they didn't). I kept pretty quiet about that. :dry:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
When you have mini cricket matches behind the bar you work part time at, using a screwed up piece of paper and a plastic bottle.

Stupid and Obsessive:

Obsessive: When every time someone phones you start practising your bowling with your free hand. Stupid: You have managed to smash the light bulb doing this 5 times in the last couple of months.

Edit

Not smash exactly just hitting the shade hard enough for the bulb to stop working.
I'm not tall enough to do that...so just clip the lampshade. Hurts enough though.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
At the age of 11, you play book cricket with player names like Victor Trumper, Trevor Goddard and Pankaj Roy.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You have a dream in which David Lloyd, apropos of nothing, offers Jesse Ryder a bouquet of roses.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
When you have a dream that India winning the world cup was a dream. You wake up and reassure yourself that it did actually happen.