• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When you spend a drunken BBQ, held for your own birthday, explaining the ins and outs of the LBW law.

When your four-year old little girl supports the West Indies to wind you up during the latest Test/T20/ODI series :@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
She supported Oz during the Ashes as well, because they had a 3 on their shirt, and that's how old she was then.

Craig

World Traveller
When you have serious thoughts about becoming a McGrath stalker. :ph34r:
Or when you get called McGrath's bitch :ph34r: :p

(Actually does that mean I'm getting a 7-dayer? :ph34r: :D)

Adding on to this, whenever you go past a cricket game being played, you turn around in your seat if you have to just to make sure you see at least one ball bowled.
Yeah, that's something I always something I try to do.
Or when you walk along a street and you see a club cricket game and go in and watch, and then a) ask some random guy the name of the ground and b) take photos.

It should be said it was a Melbourne 1st Grade Club game though.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
a. When you try to explain the game to disinterested folks like Chinese, Mexicans, Canadians

b. When you try to spin any round object to gauge it's behaviour

c. When you use it as therapy for anger-management, stress-relief

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
1. When you roll out of bed and check up on the cricket news and then post on forums for long enough to only leave you time to brush your teeth before hurrying to your first class.

2. When you almost planned to do a semester abroad in Australia because India was touring there.

3. When you make up 8 teams of 15 players each in 2 divisions, with 2 overseas players each, in your head so that you can add some substance to the cricket you play against your wall.

4. When you've spent little over a year developing an online cricket game that will probably never reach completion. :(

5. When you have the pleasure of answering, "Cricket" to the question, "How can you do all these different accents?"

I do most of everything in this thread. :) Except maybe the seam in the apple. ;)

Fusion

Global Moderator
When you convince your company that productivity will actually go up if they agree to show the WC Final in a large conference room over the projection wall.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
When you've single handedly popularized cricket throughout most of your school and single handedly started a school team, much like Amir Khan in Lagaan :cool:, and enrolled your team in the inter-school season and 2 tournaments and organized a Police-Student game and found your team a coach (just a teacher/supervisor in reality)... and to top it off, won your team there only game of the season with your part-time offspin when in reality you're an opening batsman and a medium-fast bowler.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
When you've single handedly popularized cricket throughout most of your school and single handedly started a school team, much like Amir Khan in Lagaan :cool:, and enrolled your team in the inter-school season and 2 tournaments and organized a Police-Student game and found your team a coach (just a teacher/supervisor in reality)... and to top it off, won your team there only game of the season with your part-time offspin when in reality you're an opening batsman and a medium-fast bowler.
I must give Jeremiah a ring to congratulate him some day.

adharcric

International Coach
Is this the police team in Toronto? I think I played a match against them when I visited four years ago.

That's similar to my story, except I wasn't the best on my HS team despite being the captain. Two became prolific league batsmen and three others played league cricket.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this the police team in Toronto? I think I played a match against them when I visited four years ago.

That's similar to my story, except I wasn't the best on my HS team despite being the captain. Two became prolific league batsmen and three others played league cricket.
Yeah the Toronto police team. Anyways, I am not the best either despite being the captain, I am the second best however. Our best player is a solid middle order batsman/part-time leg spinner who's been play club cricket since he was 7-8 and has played a bit in Trinidad as well.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's peope like you that will make cricket a better sport, that much I am sure of.