• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...

Craig

World Traveller
  • When in class you have an impromtu game of cricket with somebodies shoe and a tennis ball. Yes I have done this.
  • When you plan to become rich to so you can go around follow your country around rain, hail or shine, win or lose.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
When you turn down a free trip overseas so you don't miss the summer's cricket. (Done it twice now).
I missed the entire Ashes series last year cause i couldn't be bothered to refuse a free overseas trip offer :cool:, but have a DVD collection now so i am all set now :).

Piper

International Captain
  • When you see an open area of ground your first thought is to the potential of playing cricket on it
  • Everytime you want to get rid of a piece of paper you bowl it into the bin.
  • Practicing a latecut when alone in the lift...
  • When you keep tossing objects high up and trying to catch it....
  • When you check cricinfo and cricketweb every 2hours for updates
  • When you randomly shout out your favourite cricketer sometime in the day with some sort of commentary quote
  • When you put some food in the micorwave for 30 seconds, turn around, settle into a stance, look at where the fielders...step down the track and hit a six, turn back, eat your food
  • You practice legspin actions with an apple.
  • You plan your toilet visits in between the cricket breaks.
  • Your kids are named after cricket players
  • When you look at an open space ahead of you, you think to yourself this will make a perfect run up and then you go ahead with your bowling action without a ball
  • When you are watching repeat telecast of zim vs bangla 3am in the morning!
  • You start calling your old uncle Mushtaq.....Mushee.
  • When u wake up in the morning and realize that u slept with ur pads on.
  • When youve broken at least 1 light shade in your house due to an expansive drive with a bat
  • When u get up in the middle of the nights before the test days to see whether its raining or not
  • When u see a racist guy you think automatically that his name is HAIR
  • When you play indoor cricket in your friend's basement and keep track of all the averages, stats, etc.
  • When your homepage is cricinfo.com
  • When you try to find a seam on an apple

Woosh guys that was marathon, feel free to add yours:)
Hahah I do most of those to be honest.. Accept I don't call my uncle Mushee.. I call my nephew KP sometimes :happy:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
After months of trying to compete for your attention, your girlfriend finally asks you in frustration "What's more important - me or the cricket?"

And you both already know the answer.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha yup have done most of these. I'm always practicing my shots at home and sometimes outside when no one is around...

DCC_legend

International Regular
Every time you're on the bus and you go past a field you wonder if you could get a decent size ground on it.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When you start wanting to call out numbers like 222 as double nelson.

Happens fairly regularly when you play Scrabble where you often read out the scores...

Xuhaib

International Coach
When you look at your exam schedule and assign the cricket team names to different subjects.

I usually do this. When its a very tough paper I say O.k today I am facing Australia and so on for other papers as well, If the marks are good in a tough paper I am like "wohoo I beat Australia" if they are just Ok I go "O.k atleast I drew the game":ph34r:

Fusion

Global Moderator
When you look at your exam schedule and assign the cricket team names to different subjects.

I usually do this. When its a very tough paper I say O.k today I am facing Australia and so on for other papers as well, If the marks are good in a tough paper I am like "wohoo I beat Australia" if they are just Ok I go "O.k atleast I drew the game":ph34r:
:laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

What if it is worse than ok ? :dry:

Bouncer

State Regular
When U Skip a whole semester to go to Pak (and in result delay your graduation for a whole year ) and watch the WC-03 live coz willow tv was just not the real fun.