At the age of 11, you play book cricket with player names like Victor Trumper, Trevor Goddard and Pankaj Roy.
"Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
- C.L.R. James
When you have a dream that India winning the world cup was a dream. You wake up and reassure yourself that it did actually happen.
RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*
1. Read from the first post and loved each and everyone of them as I do most of them as well. Gun thread.
And to add on,
2. when you get scolded by each and everyone around you that cricket is going to ruin your life and your career
3. when you start a fantasy competition in paper in your college since most of your friends were not willing to pay and play it in cricinfo and update the scores for all players after every match manually
Can say a lot more but it might tend to look like boasting so will stop here..
You know you are obsessed with cricket when you get up at 4am to watch a series you know you are likely to lose before it even starts. Will still get up for the 4th test even if we are 3-0 down if only to try and spot my dad in the crowd.
Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"I don't think that they'll come close to us to be honest."
- Steve Smith before the Ashes
You know you're obsessed with cricket when a Sky commentator mentions a Test match player who retired thirty years ago, and you remember his Cricketweb all time rank, and why you trashed him because of his stats against non-minnows.
When you agree to be the mascot for your provincial cricket team, which involves dressing up in a spandex one-piece suit and showing occasional dashes of speed.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)