• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Gilchrist v Nick Knight OD batting

Adam Gilchrist v Nick Knight

• Gilchrist

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • Knight

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought what Richard said about strike rates was crap so I said it was crap...live with it. Why should I have to go into detail about something so obvious. I thought my reply was the most appropriate so I'll stick with it thanks
Haha, the most appropriate in the fact it was likely to cause an argument? You could've, and probably should've just said "I disagree" or something similar.

Perm

SR is still very important in ODI cricket. Are you seriously arguing, "as long as his SR is 70+, it doesn't matter what it is"? ****.
I think what Richard is trying to say is that strike rate is largely irrelevant as long as it is healthy, 70+, which isn't too slow to hinder the team.

Perm

Yeah but the object of the ODI opener's role since 1996 WC has been to score as quickly as possible early doors.
Try telling that to Boeta Dippenaar, who despite scoring slowly was perhaps the best ODI opener South Africa have had in a while. More runs>fast runs.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Try telling that to Boeta Dippenaar, who despite scoring slowly was perhaps the best ODI opener South Africa have had in a while. More runs>fast runs.
Didn't he get dropped? Obviously wasn't doing the job in the right way in the opinion of the selectors.

Perm

Didn't he get dropped? Obviously wasn't doing the job in the right way in the opinion of the selectors.
A lack of runs and the quota system that South Africa apply conspired against Dippenaar, nothing to do with his scoring rate though.