• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Vaughan

stumpski

International Captain
Despite just having played three Tests against the West Indies, and made runs in each, he appears to be absent from the latest ICC Test rankings, unless I've missed him - and I've looked up and down the list many times. How can this be? Marcus Trescothick is there, and he hasn't played a Test for a year - so are Geraint Jones and Ashley Giles, neither of whom has played a Test since before Christmas, and were never remotely Vaughan's equal with the bat. And I thought retired players were removed from the list immediately (hence, no Justin Langer) but I see Nathan Astle is still there. Can anyone explain?

(If Vaughan is there, I'll delete this thread forthwith)

stumpski

International Captain
He's 67 in the ODI rankings by the way - which sounds about right - so they are aware he's still playing. #1 in the world just over 4 years ago, remember.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
It must be to do with not playing for a sustained period, because I doubt he would have dropped below Harbhajan Singh and Mushfiqur Rhemon.

Swervy

International Captain
He's 67 in the ODI rankings by the way - which sounds about right - so they are aware he's still playing. #1 in the world just over 4 years ago, remember.
according to the graph on the LG ratings site, Vaughan has a rating of 530, which would put him at 35 in the world. Dont know why it isnt on th elist though

stumpski

International Captain
It must be to do with not playing for a sustained period, because I doubt he would have dropped below Harbhajan Singh and Mushfiqur Rhemon.
I thought that, but Owais Shah gets a rating (admittedly in the 90s) despite having played one fewer Test in his whole career than Vaughan did this summer. As I understand it a player gets a provisional rating as soon as he makes his debut, so even if Vaughan had never played before this season, he's be in there - as indeed Matt Prior is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And that, too, after his figures had been substantially worse of late than a time when he was ranked 2.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Must be a simple error, but it's funny to see they've still got Nicky Boje, Nafees Iqbal and Jason Gillespie on the list.