• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Andy Caddick Finished?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I live in Taunton, near Dellers Wharf . I go to most matches when I am not at school , and definitely the tourist matches v SA. I might go with Anna a bit in the season so if u want to meet up then give me a PM....

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caddick won't play...

I live in Dorset so not quite as convenient but plan to see more cricket in 2003. I barely saw a game in 2002 at Taunton which looking back was probably for the best.

Of course if anyone fancies doing match reports for the site then I'd be happy to post stuff online.

Re Caddick which was the original post many moons ago, I dount we'll see hide nor hair of him. He is the only fast bowler to emerge from the Ashes (as it were) with any credit and he will play a 'grandad' role this summer i reckon to the likes of Harmison and Anderson. Gough is knackered as is Jones for the summer, Hoggard is not first choice and th others are still too new so that spells few Somerset games for caddick. The Q is whether England rest him more as he is getting on or whether they release him for county duty more than they tended to before. I think Caddick is a bowler who needs to bowl to maintain rhythm, having said that, I read in Atherton's autobiography that he has bowled 5 times more county stuff than Glenn Mcgrath ha bowled in state cricket. Ouch...

dogbear

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
if u want to meet up then give me a PM....
will do, can't wait for the SA game

as for Cadders, you're probably right about the 'grandad' role, but I'm not sure how much more nonsense he can take from the 'hot-cold' UK press,the same applies even more to Husssain. what a shame that would be if he resigned..

furthermore, caddick's back is clearly going to start showing the strain soon so he can't have too long left. personally, I think he's great and will be really sad to see him go

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
dogbear said:
will do, can't wait for the SA game

as for Cadders, you're probably right about the 'grandad' role, but I'm not sure how much more nonsense he can take from the 'hot-cold' UK press,the same applies even more to Husssain. what a shame that would be if he resigned..

furthermore, caddick's back is clearly going to start showing the strain soon so he can't have too long left. personally, I think he's great and will be really sad to see him go
My back's on the blink yet again...actually it's giving me hell and I'm only 19 :( :( :(

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Anna said:
Not good!:(
Nope :( Well it's getting a bit better with the exercises I was given by a physio so I hope I'll play on Sunday :D last innings was 43* :D:D:D

Bazza

International 12th Man
Hi Dogbear.

It would be really good if a group of us could meet up at a Somerset game at some stage.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh Bazza it would be good if everyone from the area could go to a game together. As I have said just give me, anna, dogbear, or jf2001 a PM when you are thinking about coming down....

Anna

International Vice-Captain
That would be a laugh! Let's just hope there'll be some good cricket to watch!:D

dogbear

Cricket Spectator
Anna said:
That would be a laugh! Let's just hope there'll be some good cricket to watch!:D
we might have some world cup heroes to watch, but then maybe not

cant wait to see nixon mclean and the other signings