Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Long awaited Indian Squad for the WC

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Originally posted by vishnureddy
    MSK Prasad ( former Indian Player ) referred to him as the best stroke player he has seen after Laxman.
    I would have thought it would be the best stroke player after Tendulkar.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Earlier Laxman used to play a lot of strokes. Now a days he slowed down to gain consistency.

Originally posted by sheerindianspeed
    This squad has only 3 genuine fast bowlers of which 1(Srinath) is quite old while Khan is injury prone.There is no way India can go into WC with just three fast bowlers in the squad, there should be atleast 4 of them.
    Where are these "fast" bowlers? First of all, we don't have genuinely quick bowlers, they are all medium pacers. Secondly, other than the ones I mentioned, who else is there who merits national selection? You don't take a raw, inexperienced youngster to the WC and hope for a miracle(We have had only one miracle in the pace department in our cricket history and that was Kapil Dev). You should make do with what you have and this unfortunately is what we have.
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    I can see this horribly heading off into Balaji-land. Please prove me wrong...

Keep to Rayudu
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Originally posted by Neil Pickup
    I can see this horribly heading off into Balaji-land. Please prove me wrong...

Keep to Rayudu
    Why keep to Rayudu? The topic is about the Indian squad to the WC, isn't it? So, even if it goes into Balaji-land(I can only assure you that I won't be the one to take you there), it is still relevant.

It's just that I'm getting recurring visions of pointless re-statement of points

I fully agree with you about the quick bowlers anyway

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    If we're discussing the Indian World Cup squad, surely we shouldn't talk about either of them?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Originally posted by anilramavarma
    Where are these "fast" bowlers? First of all, we don't have genuinely quick bowlers, they are all medium pacers. Secondly, other than the ones I mentioned, who else is there who merits national selection? You don't take a raw, inexperienced youngster to the WC and hope for a miracle(We have had only one miracle in the pace department in our cricket history and that was Kapil Dev). You should make do with what you have and this unfortunately is what we have.

By fast bowlers i wasn't suggesting genuine quicks, no need to get into that detail!

An inexperiance pacer or even a bastmen can prove to be costly thats why i would select Ajit Agarkar as the 4th pacer! But suppose Ajit or Nehra get injured and can't be slected then India will have no choice BUT to select a raw pacer.As i have pointed out earlier, both Zaheer and Srinath are injury prone, suppose they break down in WC then what? Do you suggest that Kumble should open the bowling then? Just avoiding selecting a pacer is not a wise move and will only disbalance the squad!

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    India has got no chance in the WC
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Everyone has a chance...especially if Agarkar plays!

I think that's a bit harsh... no-one has got no chance, it's ODI cricket after all, but not much is more accurate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information