• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India A tour of zimbabwe and kenya

brockley

International Captain
India A to tour Zimbabwe

THE India A side will tour Zimbabwe for two four-day and two one-day matches in July.
The tour, from the 22nd of July, replaces that by West Indies A set for the same month, which was cancelled by their board on the advice of the Caricom secretariat.

“We are excited to have the replacement tour. Our boys have been in camp for a fortnight so it was a huge blow to them when the West Indies A tour was cancelled. With India A coming, it means those vying for a place in the Zimbabwe Select side have something to fight for again,” said Zimbabwe Cricket senior manager for cricket operations, Dave Everington.

ZC is also in talks with Kenya, to take part in a triangular tournament including India A in Kenya, after the Asian side’s visit to Zimbabwe.

The programme to expose the young Zimbabwe players to top-level three or four-day matches in preparation for the resumption of Test participation will also see Sri Lanka A touring Zimbabwe in October.

While the administrators work the telephones to sort out the finer details of the forthcoming tours, coach Kevin Curran continues to work with his charges on the field of play.

“There are areas the guys still need to work on so that the next time we play an international opposition we will be better skilled and better prepared.”

Curran said the training squad will remain intact for now, adding: “The guys are working hard. They will undergo a skills session next week.”

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India 'A' Squad

Mohammad Kaif (c), Parthiv Patel, Robin Uthappa, Cheteshwar Pujara, S Badrinath, Rohit Sharma, Rajesh Pawar, Mahesh Rawat (wk), Piyush Chawla, Arjun Yadav, Pragyan Ojha, Irfan Pathan, V R V Singh, Yo Mahesh, Pankaj Singh, Niraj Patel

This tour should be a good opportunity for the guys like VRV Singh, Badrinath and Kaif to stake a claim to be a regular part of Indian squads in the future.

Perm

Zimbabwe is a full member and kenya is an associate member and also is in the one day table:cool: .
So? Being on the ICC Rankings has no relevance to this, since none of these games are full internationals.

adharcric

International Coach
India 'A' Squad

Mohammad Kaif (c), Parthiv Patel, Robin Uthappa, Cheteshwar Pujara, S Badrinath, Rohit Sharma, Rajesh Pawar, Mahesh Rawat (wk), Piyush Chawla, Arjun Yadav, Pragyan Ojha, Irfan Pathan, V R V Singh, Yo Mahesh, Pankaj Singh, Niraj Patel

This tour should be a good opportunity for the guys like VRV Singh, Badrinath and Kaif to stake a claim to be a regular part of Indian squads in the future.
Good selection overall. Arjun Yadav has no business representing India at any level as he has done absolutely nothing to deserve such a call-up. Pankaj Singh hasn't done anything special but he may have some potential; nevertheless, I doubt he'll see much action on this tour. Niraj Patel should make the most of any opportunity that comes his way as he won't figure much once the likes of Raina and Tiwary return to action.

Uthappa, Pujara, Kaif, Badri, Sharma, Parthiv, Pathan, Chawla, Pawar, Yo Mahesh, VRV ... that's my best XI. Parthiv can also open with Pujara coming down the order.

Last edited:

Perm

Isn't Parthiv Patel a wicket keeper with a fairly decent reputation with the gloves? Seems odd that he wouldn't be keeping wicket if that was his strong suit.

adharcric

International Coach
Quite sure Parthiv will don the gloves. Mahesh Rawat performed well for Haryana so he may get a shot at some point.

Perm

Quite sure Parthiv will don the gloves. Mahesh Rawat performed well for Haryana so he may get a shot at some point.
Seems weird that Mahesh Rawat was named as the wicket keeper when he may possibly be a tidy all rounder, with 5 FC and OD wickets. Also, he's not listed as a wicket keeper so it's quite surprising.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely not... I mean, India A are going to absolutely thrash them aren't they?

adharcric

International Coach
Seems weird that Mahesh Rawat was named as the wicket keeper when he may possibly be a tidy all rounder, with 5 FC and OD wickets. Also, he's not listed as a wicket keeper so it's quite surprising.
Mahesh Rawat is a keeper, not an all-rounder.

brockley

International Captain
I predict india A to beat both zimbabwe and kenya depending on how strong the team that is chosen.
Their is talk shival yadav's son was picked because of shivals influence,which is a shame.
The kenya vs zimbabwe games maybe full internationals dunno.

Perm

Mahesh Rawat is a keeper, not an all-rounder.
cricinfo doesn't list him as a wicket keeeper and he has pretty tidy bowling figures. Seems odd that a budding young keeper would have taken as many as 5 First Class wickets this early in his career.

Perm

Surely not... I mean, India A are going to absolutely thrash them aren't they?
I would think that India A should comfortably overcome Kenya and Zimbabwe, but if those players I mentioned put in good individual performances then it will do their national chances no harm.

adharcric

International Coach
cricinfo doesn't list him as a wicket keeeper and he has pretty tidy bowling figures. Seems odd that a budding young keeper would have taken as many as 5 First Class wickets this early in his career.
He was originally a batsman IIRC. I think he is a converted keeper for Haryana - that may explain why he has bowled a bit as well.