• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India A tour of zimbabwe and kenya

adharcric

International Coach
So were at a time where 130kph is no great pace?. It's easily quick enough.
IIRC, he regularly hits the high-120s and maxes out in the low 130s ... though that may have changed. That's Pathan speed lately. Quick enough to play test cricket but not quick enough to be called "quick", surely.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
By I'm just thinking, do you really feel that there are more pros than cons for someone with genuine pace?. Genuine pace can defenitely help but it's worth is way overrated imo.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It interests me, not only to know of his pace, but apparently Munaf at the MRF Pace Foundation was noticeably quicker than everyone else, including Pathan.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this is conclusive proof that these pitches favour the team bowling first substantially.
I have been back ijn Kenya for the past week or so and with the almost daily rainfall I,m not at all surprised the pitches are acting up the way they are.

By the way Nation TV a local TV station has been showing video highlights of the games on their news Beats me why the don't go the whole hog and broadcast the matches live

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I have been back ijn Kenya for the past week or so and with the almost daily rainfall I,m not at all surprised the pitches are acting up the way they are.

By the way Nation TV a local TV station has been showing video highlights of the games on their news Beats me why the don't go the whole hog and broadcast the matches live
Probably partly because they cannot afford to pay Nimbus to show the games live. There is also the factor of how many cameras are available to film at the grounds. If the WCL was anything to go by, the media used footage from the video analysis camera behind the bowler at the press end.

This is however a major step forward for Kenyan cricket. Until this year, it was pretty much unheard of for cricket to be shown in any form except on cable/satellite. Hopefully even just the highlights on free to air will get more people interested in the game.

Andruid - can you drop me an email when you get the chance if you are still in Nairobi - either via the blog or CE site.

adharcric

International Coach
Looks like we will have a India-Sri Lanka final, as expected. Have the low scores been due to poor batting, good bowling or tough pitches?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon its unusually bowler friendly conditions what with the unseasonally heavy rainfall at this time of the year

Chemosit- I'm not actiually in Nairobi atm, ( I actually live in Nyahururu which is a bit out of the way) I've just been keeping up with the matches via whats in the newspapers and the few times i can get online but i might be next week hopefully

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Both series were excellent value for all the players. Im pretty sure all involved gained alot from it.

Kenya's victory over india was an excellent result and well played to them. I was again disapointed by our performance, but if we can keep our current crop of players then im sure we can hold it together for a few more years to come.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I have got the feeling that Praveen Kumar is bowling pretty quickly, take a look at this little montage from several different matches on the tour.

8.4 Kumar to Udawatte, OUT, beaten by the pace,reacts late to the delivery straight on off stump
ML Udawatte b Kumar 35 (27b 2x4 2x6) SR: 129.62
7.4 Kumar to Suji, OUT, beaten by the pace
AO Suji b Kumar 5 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 41.66
16.1 Kumar to Mishra, OUT, beaten by the pace ,mistimed pull for Pathan to take arunning catch at long leg
T Mishra c IK Pathan b Kumar 24 (18b 4x4 0x6) SR: 133.33
Could just be the commentary though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka A currently 71/3 after 13, in a rain reduced match, only 39 overs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
128/5 after 25 overs, Yo Mahesh 2/20 and bowling well. If Sri Lanka A can bat out 39 overs they should have a pretty good score.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
The ease with which India A beat Sri Lanka A indicates that they are better than most thought and/or Kenya are not as bad. Sri Lanka A gave the full Indian side a tough time in the UK and had a decent tour there, so maybe Kenya got more out of this series than the scores against India A show.

A pity they were not able to schedule some First class games against the Sri Lankans as well.