• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Next generation superstars in cricket - Ian Chappell

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Right, that explains it then. I'll take you through the whole sorry story on MSN sometime, would rather not discuss it here yet again.

Rest assured, though, that as I say - wasn't actually meaning you were being nasty, was just joking about the deliberate side of it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I recognised Billie Piper (;)) but don't watch Dr Who so am unaware of particulars such as that.
I debated whether or not I should post it, thinking people probably wouldn't get it, but then I considered that Dr Who is somewhat "assumed knowledge" on internet forums given the stereotypical links between them. Anyway, the joke is long from funny now given how much I've explained it. :p

Swervy

International Captain
Right, that explains it then. I'll take you through the whole sorry story on MSN sometime, would rather not discuss it here yet again.
I am sure if you didnt make such a big deal of it (when did it happen, 2, 3 years ago?), everyone would have forgotten about it. You seem to mention it every few weeks.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I am sure if you didnt make such a big deal of it (when did it happen, 2, 3 years ago?), everyone would have forgotten about it. You seem to mention it every few weeks.
It's probably unavoidable for him though, to a degree. I myself bring up that really dire thread I started in 2003 all the time despite the fact that I'd love for people to just forget about it.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's probably unavoidable for him though, to a degree. I myself bring up that really dire thread I started in 2003 all the time despite the fact that I'd love for people to just forget about it.
Haha, it was practically the definition of weird.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It was just over a year ago. No, no-one who was around at the time will ever forget it. Some people still genuinely (no joking involved) try to hold it against me now.

And as Rob said - mentioning your own terribleness is sort of CW tradition. He has that post in 2003, Gelman has vomitgate, most people have something. Just like most people have smilies - you with the :D, SOC and Rich Twyman with the :happy:, Aseem (Turb) with the :unsure:, Manju (altoz) with the Rolleyes...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It was just over a year ago. No, no-one who was around at the time will ever forget it. Some people still genuinely (no joking involved) try to hold it against me now.

And as Rob said - mentioning your own terribleness is sort of CW tradition. He has that post in 2003, Gelman has vomitgate, most people have something. Just like most people have smilies - you with the :D, SOC and Rich Twyman with the :happy:, Aseem (Turb) with the :unsure:, Manju (altoz) with the Rolleyes...
And me with that giant rolleyes. :p

Swervy

International Captain
which one??? I am intrigued

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And me with that giant rolleyes. :p
Always thought that was Dasa, TBH. You had that extra-special pic of what Gelman knows only as The Worst Of The Worst.

But I still can't find that time when you used it on him after he did something with your sig. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I actually have the power to delete that now, but I won't abuse it. :p
Have wondered whether Vomitgate isn't gone, ITBT. Wouldn't be an abuse, either, really. I know I'd delete everything that formed The Pitt Affair if I could, and I mean EVERYTHING, not just the posts in that thread.

pasag

RTDAS
I actually have the power to delete that now, but I won't abuse it. :p
Yeah, then you wouldn't be able to bring it up every two weeks :p

And lol at Richard, it's awkward to say the least. I don't think I've ever seen anyone but you bring it up in my time here and you could guarantee everyone would have forgotten about it, had you left it to die. You don't see me or anyone else bringing up their own crap (besides Prince) from the past.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have wondered whether Vomitgate isn't gone, ITBT. Wouldn't be an abuse, either, really. I know I'd delete everything that formed The Pitt Affair if I could, and I mean EVERYTHING, not just the posts in that thread.
One could argue that Pitt's account helped form that though - and your account as well. :p