• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Animal Magic

stumpski

International Captain
Or perhaps that should read 'tragic' ... on the same lines as the Fat XI, I'm trying to put together a team comprised of players with animals' names - so far I've got a Bear, a Bull, a Pigg, a couple of Hawkes, a Bee and a Swallow. I think I can be excused having an extra letter here or there which doesn't alter the pronunciation - but I won't use near-misses like Eagleson and Oxenham unless the going gets tough.

Beware though, if I don't get a wicket-keeper I may have to resort to 'Bear's Toe' :-O

Can anyone help complete the line-up?

Last edited:

stumpski

International Captain
Thanks for the suggestions - here's what I've come up with -

PM Roebuck (Som)
MJ Bear (Essex)
CH Bull (Worc)
CJ Fox (Kent)
H Pigg (N'hants)
A Dolphin (Yorks)
GP Swann (Notts)
RM Hogg (S Aus/Aus)
IG Swallow (Som)
Lord Hawke (Yorks)
A Bee (Scotland)

I could have had Brad, Kyle or Willie Hogg but went for Rodney as my overseas player. Similarly Neil Hawke misses out as Lord Hawke is an automatic (and aristocratic) captain. Others to miss the cut included Catt, 'Jack' Russell, GH Salmon, HD Hake and HH Gibbons.

Now, does anyone know a good remedy for insomnia? I'm trying watching highlights of the Tour do France (in Kent), but to no avail.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Thanks for the suggestions - here's what I've come up with -

PM Roebuck (Som)
MJ Bear (Essex)
CH Bull (Worc)
CJ Fox (Kent)
H Pigg (N'hants)
A Dolphin (Yorks)
GP Swann (Notts)
RM Hogg (S Aus/Aus)
IG Swallow (Som)
Lord Hawke (Yorks)
A Bee (Scotland)

I could have had Brad, Kyle or Willie Hogg but went for Rodney as my overseas player. Similarly Neil Hawke misses out as Lord Hawke is an automatic (and aristocratic) captain. Others to miss the cut included Catt, 'Jack' Russell, GH Salmon, HD Hake and HH Gibbons.

Now, does anyone know a good remedy for insomnia? I'm trying watching highlights of the Tour do France (in Kent), but to no avail.
If you do come by one, please let me know. I've been tossing and turning in bed for the past three hours, but I just can't switch off. It's 2.54am now, and I'm naturally not in the best of emotional states.