• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst country to play cricket in

Which country has the worst weather for cricket?

• England

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • West Indies

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Sub continent

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Days of Grace

International Captain
In terms of weather. It seems like Australia never gets a test day abandoned due to rain, whilst in places like New Zealand and the motherland, you can expect it to happen at least once or twice per season. So, which country has the worst weather?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As a swing bowler who loves cloud and humidity, has to be the subcontinent.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
In terms of weather. It seems like Australia never gets a test day abandoned due to rain, whilst in places like New Zealand and the motherland, you can expect it to happen at least once or twice per season. So, which country has the worst weather?
:laugh:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Stupid.

1. Balls to the reference of England as motherland.
2. If you say country in the headline, you shouldn't refer to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as one, neither the West Indies as one. Maybe replace England by UK then?
3. Australia should also be included. Just because you believe it is not the worst, doesn't mean you don't include it in the poll.

1-9-7-7

International Regular
Stupid.

1. Balls to the reference of England as motherland.
2. If you say country in the headline, you shouldn't refer to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh as one, neither the West Indies as one. Maybe replace England by UK then?
3. Australia should also be included. Just because you believe it is not the worst, doesn't mean you don't include it in the poll.
What I wanted to say but didn't wanna cause arguements.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Plus, a country like India has a huge variation in weather. The weather in Mumbai and Chennai and Amritsar is completely different. Which area are you talking about?

This is not even getting into the difference in weather between Kandy and Peshawar, and any option that combines the two into one category is doomed to be completely inaccurate.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Faark, lighten up and stop being dull and pedantic. This thread is clearly made for generalisations rather than some super amazingly correct answer.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
SilentStriker said:
Plus, a country like India has a huge variation in weather. The weather in Mumbai and Chennai and Amritsar is completely different. Which area are you talking about?
Ya I would think what the worst grounds to play would be a more interesting question.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Actually, Days_of_Grace... I shouldn't have been so harsh. You created the thread with a good intention of discussing a particular topic and here I was playing spoil sport. Sorry.

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Eden Gardens.

Well, it appeared to be a separate country when Ganguly was in the dog house. And it is substantially larger than other cricket playing countries (like Bermuda and now Jersey) when a game is on.

andmark

International Captain
I'd say Australia.: Brisbane's ground has dodgy grass;the weather gets very hot in Australia.
And there are venomous spiders.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
only played in subcontinent and NZ so out of that NZ is worse because we get about 3 cancellations each year so mainly due to the weather and the distinct lack of knowledge of some of the people i have to deal with in and around grounds,(including international)