• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ever thought that no-one's that stupid? It's not a question of not thinking, it's a question of not having the ability to put the ball where you're aiming. Anderson can only bowl this well every now and then, he can't do it game after game. He'll spray it more often than not, not because he lacks intelligence, but because he lacks skill.

It truly baffles me how anyone can think that something which is obvious to just about everyone watching (ie: bowling the right lines and lengths is good; bowling the wrong lines and lengths is bad) is not known by the players and the management.
So the suggestion in post #999 that you are right, and the team is wrong, is therefore baseless? You can't have it both ways...

It isn't just me making said point, however: 'twas mentioned in the build up about a lack of a Plan B; a lack of an ability to think on one's feet; a lack of anyone grasping the nettle and calling out, "hold on, this isn't working".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So the suggestion in post #999 that you are right, and the team is wrong, is therefore baseless? You can't have it both ways...
Uh? The two posts (#999 and #1000) are completely and totally unconnected. The former was about how predictable it was that 1 good performance would (apparently) solve all the problems and paper over cracks for the 326th time, the latter about how the England bowlers' problems weren't in the mind but in the body (that's putting it a crude way, but you know what I mean).
It isn't just me making said point, however: 'twas mentioned in the build up about a lack of a Plan B; a lack of an ability to think on one's feet; a lack of anyone grasping the nettle and calling out, "hold on, this isn't working".
Well today no-one's needed a Plan B, because they've been capable of using Plan A, something they weren't in the previous game. In any case, I have no reason to suspect they'd be capable of putting a Plan B into practice if they can't put Plan A, the most simple, into.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I'm off to bed as Fulton gets one that nips back to remove off. This isn't terribly attractive.

Night all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Geez. I've always been a fan of Fulton, but that technical fault is awful and seems to be repeated each innings. How on earth did he become such a prolific first class batsman? It doesn't look like a fault that'd only be evident against good bowlers..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The only things that was missing was off and leg, by approximately the same distance.

I have no idea how that could possibly be not out. I demand that Rauf is removed from all future games involving England.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
SImon Doull is a complete idiot.

Paraphrasing:
"If they can hang on in there till the 36-37th over, with about 130 on the board, then they can blast from there"

Ummmmm, to get to 130 they would need to go at 6 an over.
When your run rate is less than 3, I think 6 would be considered blasting.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Genuinely shocked. Came in from an hard night of drinking and turned the tv on - saw an English face and the score 71-5. Had to double check, then check again ...then check again when I saw New Zealand where batting.

Last edited: