• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not very good at recalling who said what, sorry.

Either way, England really need to treat Bopara better.
The best thing they could do for him at the moment is leave him out completely. He looks to have something about him but he's simply not good enough at this stage of his career for international cricket in either format, IMO. I can see that changing, but not if they keep selecting him regardless, particularly at #7.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ryder's really showing why he's been talked about for a number of years. He is a superb talent.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ryder's really showing why he's been talked about for a number of years. He is a superb talent.

Been talking him up for years now. Good to see his potential finally coming through. Shots behind square in both on and off sides and no mid wicket / cow corner hoicks. Are you watching, Ross Taylor?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ive always had the feeling that the bigger the stage, the better Ryder will play.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I certainly wasn't. I thought it was appalling some of the stuff I saw written..both from the NZ Media, English Media and certain fans.

There's plenty of talent in this NZ side.

Natman20

International Debutant
You can never right off new zealand in new zealand. Its always very competitive. Anywhere else though ...

Natman20

International Debutant
NZ media are notorious bandwagon jumpers
Nothing to write about so they exaggerate any small thing to make it big. Terrible media everyone must agree. I mean look at "too fat to play international cricket" statement and the "youth is making our team crap" statements. Too rusdhed to conclusions allthough it could still be the case. Too early to tell.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well certainly we fall apart in Australia and South Africa. But last time we were in England we won that series, we've made the semi's of the World Cup. It's a case of consistency.

Anyway Aus and S.A have proven over a number of years now that they're #1 & #2 by a distance.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think i'd be the only one to be pleasantly surprised by Ryder's fielding and his running between the wickets so far.

Natman20

International Debutant
well certainly we fall apart in Australia and South Africa. But last time we were in England we won that series, we've made the semi's of the World Cup. It's a case of consistency.

Anyway Aus and S.A have proven over a number of years now that they're #1 & #2 by a distance.
Yeah. You would have to say that without SA and Aus the rest are very competitive (exc zim, wi (well maybe on their day), ban)

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I don't think i'd be the only one to be pleasantly surprised by Ryder's fielding and his running between the wickets so far.
Indeed. I've seen him really hustle on a couple of singles. Lets hope being in the national side will help clear up his muchily reported 'attitude problems'.

Nice 6 again from McCullum, and then 4.
I thought a How-McCullum combination at the top would be balanced. But a Ryder-McCullum combination looks pretty flash don't it just. Ofcourse, it has got to come off. I suppose if one of them falls early, then you have How to come in and drop anchor.

Certainly shades of Kalu and Sanath. Although to be honest, the bowling has been horrible.