• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
You'd have Jones back in the side? :unsure:
If he ever proves his fitness yes (big if though!). IMO he deserves a chance to show if he is a great bowler or another Richard Ellison. PS - sorry you meant G Jones? No I wouldn't have him unless Prior, Ambrose,Read, Foster, Davies, Nixon,Mustard and Batty were all injured....

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Should've been clear in saying Geraint Jones.

Also, no Cook?

Edit: **** I'm dire. I misread that as saying the 2005 Ashes team and not the 2005 Ashes seam. Sorry!
Gutted you edited. Was gonna smugly tell you that Cook bowls offspin

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully after tertiary education, unless there is something keeping me here.
Having lived in England, Australia (albeit for a short time), Spain and New Zealand; its seems to be easy not to appreciate what we have here. You'll be back once you realise how **** it is being stuck in traffic for 2 hours a day when you've hardly even seen a traffic jam before, and once you're earned enough money overseas to buy the town of Gore.

Fiery

Banned
Having lived in England, Australia (albeit for a short time), Spain and New Zealand; its seems to be easy not to appreciate what we have here. You'll be back once you realise how **** it is being stuck in traffic for 2 hours a day when you've hardly even seen a traffic jam before, and once you're earned enough money overseas to buy the town of Gore.
Yep, having also lived in Aussie and England myself, which I enjoyed for a while, you will soon miss NZ. I remember looking over green hills as I flew towards Auckland airport after 3 years away with "Home Again" from Shihad on the head-phones, swelling with pride for the place. Until then, if you're not enjoying being here for whatever reason Perm, there's no need to **** on the place and it's sports teams

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Fiery & Perm - the new Richard and Scaly. You'll have nicknames for each other next.
Motson and EXD have been stated to be off-limits - haven't you noticed they've not been seen for a while?

And no, Perm and Fiery will never, ever come close to hating each other like I hate that-'un.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would love if England can have have Simon Jones back by the time this series gets under-way. Don't want to look too far ahead or sound to arrogant but i reckon if Hoggard/Flintoff/Harmo/Jones are all fit & firing by then the Kiwis may have some problems.
Might do against 3 of the 4. Can't see them having any problems with Harmison, and they've got some scores to settle there too. Their only encounter with Harmison to date certainly made him look good.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yep, having also lived in Aussie and England myself, which I enjoyed for a while, you will soon miss NZ. I remember looking over green hills as I flew towards Auckland airport after 3 years away with "Home Again" from Shihad on the head-phones, swelling with pride for the place. Until then, if you're not enjoying being here for whatever reason Perm, there's no need to **** on the place and it's sports teams
Haha! Through another kind of bizarre coincidence with songs playing whilst landing at Auckland Airport, the last time I flew back from the UK I had the sound of Dave Dobbyn's "Welcome Home" as I caught my first glance of New Zealand in 3 and a half years....

Fiery

Banned
Haha! Through another kind of bizarre coincidence with songs playing whilst landing at Auckland Airport, the last time I flew back from the UK I had the sound of Dave Dobbyn's "Welcome Home" as I caught my first glance of New Zealand in 3 and a half years....
Sounds like we've lived parallel lives Heath (apart from the international cricketing fame)

HeathDavisSpeed

Sounds like we've lived parallel lives Heath (apart from the international cricketing fame)
It does appear so.... A bit worrying at times when you say you've done something and I've done pretty much the same... Could be that we've just been doing standard things that Kiwis do... or alternatively that we're just very similar.

And Richard, I would think there could be more than one song called "Welcome Home"

There was that one that was used in that Gary Lineker "Walkers Crisps" advert, for example.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In fact, there's probably about 188.

And there've been so many songs that have been used in Linekar-Walkers conventions I can't possibly remember more than the 2 or 3 most recent ones.

Fiery

Banned
In fact, there's probably about 188.

And there've been so many songs that have been used in Linekar-Walkers conventions I can't possibly remember more than the 2 or 3 most recent ones.
Maybe we need to have a Battle of the "Welcome Home" Songs. Any takers?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sure Martyn (GIMH) would take it up every time, TBH.

I'd vote Osibisa, of course... if I ever did this "Battle Of" nonsense.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You notice how not in so much as one single thread have I said "this is crap"? (And there have been just a few to offer the opportunity)

I just leave them to run their course, but I've never contributed so much as once.